Vermont Lake Monsters/Centennial Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeEx

There’s very little radio traffic there; I’ve tried to capture it. UHF but I don’t recall the frequencies offhand.

DeeEx

Spent my lunch break...

E85F0BF9-E821-4771-BC82-08DA527EACA3.jpeg
...and only got two hits. One was Green Mountain Flagging at a construction site on Colchester Ave, the other isn’t licensed to anyone relevant (per a quick VT search in General Menu Reports) and was definitely simplex, 464.825, DCS155. Very informal conversation, could be the ball park. The gates are open and quite a few employees were present.

Last edited:

ecps92

See if you can decode more of what the chatter is next time on 464.8250
I do see Middleberry College [down the road a bit] is licensed and isn't the Lake Monsters a College Summer league ? Just a WAG for now
Spent my lunch break...

...and only got two hits. One was Green Mountain Flagging at a construction site on Colchester Ave, the other isn’t licensed to anyone relevant (per a quick VT search in General Menu Reports) and was definitely simplex, 464.825, DCS155. Very informal conversation, could be the ball park. The gates are open and quite a few employees were present.

DeeEx

Back for dinner...

6196AF2B-DEAD-4CF8-9AF1-78682BFD19CC.jpeg

...I work for a nearby jurisdiction so it’s not difficult for me to stop by the field.

Bringing my own scanner to work sure is interesting once in a while, I’ll have to do this more often.

464.825 is construction and/or flaggers, probably located at the hospital paving project that began yesterday as I haven’t heard that before.

I stopped and spoke to one of the workers at the field, casually asking if they used the college radio system. He said no, the concession people hand out the radios and he’s never heard college radio traffic on any of the channels. They are 16-channel Motorola PR400s and the gentleman claims they use all of the channels at different times for different reasons.

I confirmed the following:

462.625, DCS 343– parking
469.2625, DCS 464, no relevant local licensee— on-field operations (discussion of timing first pitch, mascot being moved into a dugout, etc)

Unconfirmed:

467.900, DCS 114, possibly concession operations (discussing of moving various food items, coolers with ice, etc); possibly ticketing office (discussion of “corporate rate” admission)

DeeEx

Since it appears I can go back and edit my posts only for a short time after posting, I’m adding this as a reply while being an edit to the above.

467.900, DCS 114, seems to be all of the “off field” operations while 469.2625 is everything on the field. I’ve been listening off and on whenever I was near the park during the length of tonight’s game.

Whatever it’s designation may be, 467.900 is definitely being used by the ball park.

Status
Not open for further replies.