Vermont State Police Air Division Question

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
I used to live in Vermont back in the 70 & 80's and at that time they did not have an air divion that I knew off. My daughter has since moved back there and I am trying to set up a scanner for her to listen to.

1. Is there one in the state
2. Where are they located
3. Any common frequencies they may use

Any info would be greatly Appreciated

ecps92

I don't think VT has an Airwing
the only thing close is the UAV/Drone Unmanned Aircraft Systems Program | Vermont State Police

But, if they did, generally they would operate on the Troop channel they are working with (Same as Mass does) at that time.
I used to live in Vermont back in the 70 & 80's and at that time they did not have an air divion that I knew off. My daughter has since moved back there and I am trying to set up a scanner for her to listen to.

1. Is there one in the state
2. Where are they located
3. Any common frequencies they may use

Any info would be greatly Appreciated

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
I don't think VT has an Airwing
the only thing close is the UAV/Drone Unmanned Aircraft Systems Program | Vermont State Police

But, if they did, generally they would operate on the Troop channel they are working with (Same as Mass does) at that time.
Thanks for the info Bill I have followed you since probably the 80's when I lived in New England. I guess maybe it was your articles in Monitoring times I think but I have seen your name often in print.

chrismol1

Out of Range
Premium Subscriber
Does Vermont SP even have a helicopter registered in their name?

DeeEx

There are no air assets allocate to VSP beyond drones.

They use CBP for air support if needed, at the discretion of the Barracks commander, who holds the rank of Lieutenant.

The given Troop channel will almost be used. On rare occasions 460.500/118.8 simplex will be used when multiple jurisdictions are involved.

ecps92

thanks, but never wrote for M.T. :)

likely from the ole Scanner Lists of Yahoo for each of the New England states as well as one of the editors for some of the "Official Scanner Guides" which covered the region

Thanks for the info Bill I have followed you since probably the 80's when I lived in New England. I guess maybe it was your articles in Monitoring times I think but I have seen your name often in print.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
thanks, but never wrote for M.T. :)

likely from the ole Scanner Lists of Yahoo for each of the New England states as well as one of the editors for some of the "Official Scanner Guides" which covered the region
I'm getting old so I can't remember where it was from lol. I did get several communications magazines back then. But you do amazing work and always have. Thanks for all you do to further the hobby. I and many others appreciate what you have done over the years.