• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex 350's External Jack disabling Function Keys ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shillman996

Hello everyone ! I am programming a Vertex Standard 354 with the CE86 Software. I just purchased a speaker mic for my Vertex and now whenever I plug the speaker mic in to Vertex the ABCD and two side programmable function buttons disable ? How do I fix this in the software ? Thanks for the help in advance !

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We have a forum dedicated to Vertex. I've moved your thread there. In the future please read the forum titles, their descriptions and take a few extra seconds to look over the other forums to make sure you're posting to the right place. The wrong place may result in your post being deleted or ignored for help.

wa2chj

Since no one else has jumped in here with a specific reason for your problem, I'll give it a shot. While I do have several Vertex radios (VX-180, VX-354, and VX-459 all three in both UHF and VHF), I've never seen that particular problem with them. I have, however seen a similar problem with their first cousin (Yaesu) radios.
I know you said your mic was new, but check to make sure it is working correctly. If you have another Vertex radio that is compatible with that mic, check it on that radio.
I've seen both the external microphones and the programming cables disable the keyboard and radio functions on Yaesu radios. The microphones usually turn out to be after market, and the programming cables usually are not plugged in correctly, but both can lock up a radio. Sometimes they even put the radios into transmit, and the only way to clear the transmit is to shut off the radio.

Hope this helps.

WA2CHJ

Status
Not open for further replies.