• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex FTL-1011 re-tuning help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner1

Does anyone here know how to retune the vco (receiver and transmiter) on the lowband 42-50 band vertex mobile radios. I know it can be done, just not sure how.

wcu02mpa

I have one

I have a 99-CH FTL-1011 and it works great on six meters. I have a service monitor and it gets about .4uv on receive and a full 60 watts power out. I am not sure how the guy I bought it from actually did it. Usually you retune VCO (TX and RX) and tune preselector. You really need a service monitor or at least a reliable signal generator and volt meter.

w5oer

Just got my FTL-1011B/99 radios back from Red Dog Radio!!!

I sent two radios last week to Red Dog Radio and Tom tuned and aligned them for 6 meters. He only charged me $30 per radio because I can program the memories myself (for $45 he will program them as well). The work also comes with a 90 day warranty.

I will tell you that he is VERY nice, and will help you get what you want from your radio. Trust me when I tell you this, unless you have a $6000 service monitor and know how to use it save yourself the headache and pay a little bit to have it done right. You'll be happier with the results.

----Here are the 6 meter band specs on the two radios I sent him after he finished with them:

Both FTL-1011's are putting out about 51 watts. VCO is set within 25 Hz of nominal (good enough for 6-m, I think!). Receive sensitivity is better than 0.20 microvolts for 12 dB SINAD. Squelch set to 0.25 microvolts. PL deviation set to 800 Hz, VF deviation set to 4.5 kHz

Needless to say I am a VERY happy camper........

Status
Not open for further replies.