• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex VX-261 CE150 Dealer/Factory Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scm

Premium Subscriber
I think that I may already know the answer to this as I just spent a good deal of time searching online but is there a dealer or factory mode for a VX-261 using the CE150 software? Thank you for any insight or assistance that you may have to offer.

radiotweester

I don't have it in front of me to play with.
You've already tried the command prompt shortcut followed by a space or not and any 1 of these /m /manu -m or /manu PW= ansho-bango
there's also /kaiha or –kaiha PW= Kaihatsusha Senyou

scm

Premium Subscriber
I hadn't seen the /kaiha switch but no joy there, either. Thank for the suggestion, though!

scm

Premium Subscriber
May i ask what it is that you’re trying to achieve via dealer mode? Might be able to help you.

I bought a VX-261 on eBay that is password-ed and the seller doesn't have the password. I probably should just give up and return the radio but I got a good deal on it, enjoy a challenge, and learning something along the way wouldn't be a bad thing, either.

ergbert

A firmware flash may remove that, or it may not. Don't see how it could hurt to try. I've flashed my VX-261 with several revisions, chasing what I discovered was a user error.

Meestor_X

Anyone know for sure the way to factory reset a VX-261? I'm looking to get some used ones and don't want to be locked out of programming.

Also, I thought the software was CE-99. Does using CE-150 add any new functionality?

Status
Not open for further replies.