• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex VX-929E - enable 20/25 KHz wideband for ham and marine

g8tzl2004

I have a VX-929E which will not allow 20/25KHz spacing.

I assumed a VX-929"E" was a European version which does not have any narrowband restrictions. I have VX824E/829E radios which are part of the same series and use the same software which have no narrowband restriction.

Maybe the VX-929E's firmware has been updated with USA firmware or maybe a USA codeplug has been used to program the radio?

Are there any mods to enable 20/25 KHz spacing for ham and marine applications? Maybe there is a simple hex edit? Or maybe I just need to write a European default codeplug to the radio? Any ideas?

radiotweester

I've not played with an E before, but I would try the Wideband Recovery Tool. It might have been programed with the USA and not the Export software. I think software Ver 4.xx dumped narrow only in. I use Ver 5.04w Exp and it gives you W/N selectivity. The "tool" was distributed for free so I don't believe there are any forum rule issues. The only stipulation for getting it was you had to be using the radio for an authorized wideband purpose (Marine, Ham, GMRS). I've attached ver 1.03 Change the pdf to exe. Select your radio series from the pulldown. It will do it's thing and then try programming it. I can't remember if this will allow W/N using the USA software, but I believe so. I hope this solves your problem.
73s

Attachments

• WideBandRecoveryTool.pdf
    260 KB · Views: 13

radiotweester

I have a VX-929E which will not allow 20/25KHz spacing.

I assumed a VX-929"E" was a European version which does not have any narrowband restrictions. I have VX824E/829E radios which are part of the same series and use the same software which have no narrowband restriction.

Maybe the VX-929E's firmware has been updated with USA firmware or maybe a USA codeplug has been used to program the radio?

Are there any mods to enable 20/25 KHz spacing for ham and marine applications? Maybe there is a simple hex edit? Or maybe I just need to write a European default codeplug to the radio? Any ideas?

I found the formal letter and indeed you WILL need the export software.

Attachments

• TB 201302-1 Wide Band Frequency programming Recovery tool (all VS LMR r .pdf
    47.8 KB · Views: 10