• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex vxr-7000 UHF configuration LOST

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellyspapa

I recently took down our repeater at work to clean it up and back-up the configuration. Well, it cleaned up real nice...looks new.....but I should not have tried to do any programming work after being up for over 24 hours straight! Anywaz...

I hooked up the programming cable, loaded the ce27 for windows software and proceeded to UPLOAD to the radio instead of downloading from the radio first!! Now it is defaulted to a default setup that is worthless. I have never programmed one of the before..(I am a Motorola guy)! Anywaz....does anyone have a config file I can have to at least get me started back where I need to be. Before it was on the following setup frequency:

recv: 463.400 xmit 468.400 PL 183.5

Please HELP!!

PACNWDude

Vertex CE-27 Manual for VXR7K repeater.

We took our VXR-7000 units offline a while back, so I don't have a configuration. Vertex no longer has this manual on their site for download as Motorola end of life'ed them recently. But here is the manual that walks you through the programming.

Attachments

• vertex-ce27 manual.pdf
    413.8 KB · Views: 712

jellyspapa

We took our VXR-7000 units offline a while back, so I don't have a configuration. Vertex no longer has this manual on their site for download as Motorola end of life'ed them recently. But here is the manual that walks you through the programming.

The downside of it is on page three (3). Bottom of page........

Important Note!

Before creating the program data via the CE27 programming Software, upload the current hardware environment data from the repeater.

This seems to be my problem....there are some settings that I think are not configured correctly from my scratch setup that is causing me issues. Is it at all possible you can bring one of your repeaters online and get those settings for me? Care to sell one of them? I'm really stumped!!

PACNWDude

VXR7K configs.

I have two configuration files, one for uhf and another for vhf. The company got rid of the repeaters a while back. PM me and e-mail address and I can send them on. This site will not let me attach .rpt DOS files.

jellyspapa

I think the values in the enviro settings need modified. Those numbers make no since to me,

PACNWDude

VXR7000 end of life.

From my local vendor, they are pushing people toward the MotoTrbo repeaters, as the the Vertex VXR-7000 was only analog. My company replaced VXR-7000 repeaters with XPR8400's a few years ago.

They work very well and even though the power went from 100 watts to 50 watts, then end user has had no coverage problems and our gear was mostly plug and play.

jellyspapa

Hhmmmm.....I can"t get the windows version to download my modified freq settings. It says I must upload first....well. Did that, loaded my saved rpt file and tried again with same message.

I know I can do this in DOS version, but was hoping I could do it in windows version.

Status
Not open for further replies.