Very difficult time getting 346XT to communicate with ARC-XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbilll

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC346XT and am trying to get it to communicate with the ARC-XT software. The cable is secure, radio is on, baud rate matches between software and radio. I've tried multiple combinations of baud rates and all the comports I have. The troubleshooting instructions for the software don't help and their tech support is kind of lame as well. I just don't know what else to do. Any one else had and solved a problem like this? I suppose the cable could be bad but I have a sneaking suspicion that I just need to get one or two software settings tweaked and I'll be good.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a BC346XT and am trying to get it to communicate with the ARC-XT software. The cable is secure, radio is on, baud rate matches between software and radio. I've tried multiple combinations of baud rates and all the comports I have. The troubleshooting instructions for the software don't help and their tech support is kind of lame as well. I just don't know what else to do. Any one else had and solved a problem like this? I suppose the cable could be bad but I have a sneaking suspicion that I just need to get one or two software settings tweaked and I'll be good.

Are you using a serial cable, or a USB cable?

If it's a USB cable, when you look in your Windows device manager, what Com port does it show that your computer has assigned to your programming cable?

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you look in Device Manager for port conflicts? That is to say that what you think is an open port is actually being taken up by something else

Mike

wildbilll

Premium Subscriber
i did look at the ports and really saw nothing. the device manager tells me everything is working fine and there are no conflicts.

wildbilll

Premium Subscriber
so to all who have weighed in with your advice, thanks! what am i supposed to do now? it looks like i have several possibilities for problems, but nothing to concentrate my efforts on. let me ask this: will getting a usb connecter help the computer to find the radio any easier, if indeed that IS the problem?

wildbilll

Premium Subscriber
Good laugh

we can all have a good laugh at the rookie now! wait for it............................ i forgot that i had a program currently running that was using the com port. shut that down and the 346 got recognized. thanks for all the input guys.
-bill

Status
Not open for further replies.