Very disappointed in the BCD536

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
Just got it today, loaded it with my favorites. I'm in Eastern CT. listening to a few trunked systems, Waterford, CSP Troop E as well as a few conventional channels in the area. I have my Pro 106 going and I'm missing most of the traffic on the 536. Not sure if it's my programming or if it's just slow. Any help would be appreciated.

mrkelso

Did you fine tune your squelch? This may help by turning it down the threshold

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Just got it today, loaded it with my favorites. I'm in Eastern CT. listening to a few trunked systems, Waterford, CSP Troop E as well as a few conventional channels in the area. I have my Pro 106 going and I'm missing most of the traffic on the 536. Not sure if it's my programming or if it's just slow. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe you could post your .hpe file and we can take a look at it and see if anything looks out of place.

wise871

Database Admin
What do you mean by missing traffic? Whats your hold time set too? And did you update the firmware. If your missing the calls set your hold times to zero.

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
You have to add it to a zip file. Then you can load it. All you have to do is export your file then zip it up.

shonc182

Premium Subscriber
One thing I did was avoided sites that aren't needed (I have location control turned off) - taking each system down to one site actually scanned. Out of the box, setting up w/ Sentinel it was extremely disappointing, but this did improve it drastically.

That being said, it is still slower than my old scanner. I am now looking seriously at setting up my favorites lists differently to see if I can gain some advantage that way and/or using location control to avoid scanning too much... I am operating under the assumption that it is a setup issue rather than a quality issue with the scanner. I am comparing it to another Uniden (BCD785D) scanning essentially the same channels in 5 banks vs the 536 using 6 FL

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Attached is his .hpe files

Attachments

• TPP517.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Thank you Kevin, maybe someone will spot a mistake.

I just looked at the zip file and I believe you sent the wrong thing. You need to export your .hpe file.

Edited original post with .hpe files.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.