Very Disappointing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

txscan

I have a pro-106 and a gre psr800 i just purchased and I think it is going back. The audio on the 106 blows the 800 away. Especially the earphone on the 106, on the 800 I have the volume on MAX and i can barely hear when I'm in the car or in a crowded area, I can hear the 106 perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks....

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Amplified speaker maybe?
On the other hand, I am also favorable towards the 106 since I have one. :)

n9zas

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
The max audio and the lower volume using the headphones jack is the only thing I hate about the radio. I still haven't found a good solution for it. The car I drive the most is the oldest and has the most road noise. I've thought about running a small mixer to use with the Sirius radio and have it run through the stereo; I just haven't tried it yet.

I have tried the RatShack amplified speaker and it doesn't help any.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Have you played with the audio settings in the EZScan software? (On the front page)

Also, try clicking the ABst located where you insert the talk groups/Conv. freqs.. (ABst=audio boost)

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
You can do it for the whole system where it lists the Trunked Radio Systems. (But I've never done it that way... I've just used it on specific TGIDs)

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Have you played with the audio settings in the EZScan software? (On the front page)

Also, try clicking the ABst located where you insert the talk groups/Conv. freqs.. (ABst=audio boost)

THANK YOU!!! I never noticed or knew what that was! I enabled it for everything this AM and it was just enough to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.