very frustrating 898t

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitorboy

Premium Subscriber
i tried to update my 898t to follow rebanded systems ie: consumers energy of michigan. everything was going good until the progress bar completed a few seconds later it indicated a programming error!...i did everthing it prompted me to do pressed the three buttons it said to prepare the scanner for updating.....blank screen only the back light on.i tried this six times.....same error message...i tried to repair the prob myself now the com port i was using is missing...tried to update the drivers for the programming cable ..no success to top it all off the scanner will not return back to normal operations....just blank screen with the backlight on.......its useless now........any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks much

woody_46

Read the information and pdf at the Uniden firmware site. There are steps to recover the radio (key presses). Good luck.

woody_46

BTW I had lots of issues programming my radio using the VFO knob. Use the hold and limit keys instead for scrolling through settings. The VFO knob caused lockups for me that got extremely frustrating. I'm not sure WTH is going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.