Very Low RSSI Values of -1004

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
On my SDS200 using Proscan I noted 8 times out of monitoring 111 different frequencies for about 5 hours I got an RSSI of -1004.

Some were conventional, LTR, & XPT.

Some were VHF, UHF, & 800MHz.

Other data like TG, Tone, Modulation, etc. were give for each hit at -1004.

Anyone else seen such low RSSI values?

You mean RSSI-104 values. Go to setting in scanner and change global filter setting to wide normal, or auto. I would adjust for each site system instead of using global, as you will lose about 15 to 20 DB on the factory setting of normal. Just make sure you don't overload front end and get below -60 RSSI value as you will risk blowing frontend transistors. You will have to experiment and see what works best and less errors rate different from area to area? Also using a Remtronix antenna over stock help a bit as notice it bring down the RSSI about 10 to 15 off value.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You mean RSSI-104 values.
No, he means -1004. Negative one-thousand and four.

I'm seeing the same behavior with ProScan connected to an SDS200. Obviously it's not an actual value, and is just a quirk of whatever ProScan is reading from the scanner's power/RSSI output that lasts for a fraction of a second. No big deal, it can be safely ignored.

garikfox

My SDS200 did the same thing when i was testing the different filters. As already mentioned change the filter to Wide Normal. It's the filter i use. RSSI -64 or so while listening to a channel, -89 when it stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.