AR-DV10 very serious hardware issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMac20

The manufacturer has now issued an erratum acknowledging there is a frequency/error stability issue, they have not quantified the error just issued a poorly worded document.

The acknowledgement that the product has an inherent manufacturing/design defect means any UK or EU customer would have no difficulty in claiming against the retailer that sold them product.

If in year 5 of ownership you found the radio drifted too much to work properly listening to a signal you could issue a claim on the retailer to replace, repair or refund the product, you need to provide no more evidence than the erratum that acknowledged the defect.

In the UK it would cost £60 to issue a small claims court claim, the retailer will lose and the costs trying to defend it would be way more than replacing the product.

Retailers need to get a grip, some think they can wriggle out of their obligations with BS.

-----------------

So your in luck - wait to see if anything can be fixed with any updates and get a refund anytime between now and 5 odd years time if things are not sorted for you.

Good insurance cover from that regulation and your set no lose situation for you.

TMac20

Great news if that proves to be accurate.

Although how they've achieved that will be interesting to know, since they appear to have engineered that 15kHz bandwidth filter to mask the drift.

Agree - I hope they can sort it all out, I waited for 2 odd years for the unit.

F5HPE

I started this thread. It is for its Readers to think carefully about the veracity of posts here, and consider 'if' and 'what' are the motives behind what is being said.

You are right ! It is necessary that the Reader makes his opinion by having the true and complete information and not information diluted or partially concealed.

TMac20

TMac - This is just nonsense, when are you going to come clean and tell us who you work for, AOR or Yaesu.

Nothing has been proven to have no issues, the DV10 is so messed up and now you've even added a pigeon english erratum sheet about the drift to the LATEST batch, its an absolute joke.

Maybe its time to put your money where your mouth is, you have my email address, Paypal me the funds to buy a unit from the latest batch and I'll run the same tests on it. If its good I'll refund you the money and send the current one back for refund.

Do not work for either company.

Re-read my offer in other posts.

I can see why AOR did not reply to your emails with your attitude, you emailed me asking to partner and help you, and on here you do nothing but try bash anything positive that might come from me or others, AOR or their re-sellers. All emailed me directly so I have that paper trail whenever it's needed to back up anything that they have said to me.

I don't think anyone on here is your enemy, all of us have a common goal we want the DV10 to succeed, we want it to work, we hope they can fix near all things and make right what is wrong. If it turns out to be hardware I hope they recall and replace and fix. I have stated this many times.

It's up to AOR unless we can all get together and find a way ourselves.

c0ne

Do not work for either company.

Re-read my offer in other posts.

I can see why AOR did not reply to your emails with your attitude, you emailed me asking to partner and help you, and on here you do nothing but try bash anything positive that might come from me or others, AOR or their re-sellers. All emailed me directly so I have that paper trail whenever it's needed to back up anything that they have said to me.

I don't think anyone on here is your enemy, all of us have a common goal we want the DV10 to succeed, we want it to work, we hope they can fix near all things and make right what is wrong. If it turns out to be hardware I hope they recall and replace and fix. I have stated this many times.

It's up to AOR unless we can all get together and find a way ourselves.

Positive promises aren’t worth anything, actions we want to see from AOR. These promises are like thin air, you cant expect from everyone to buy this mess and sit down till AOR steps up their game.

c0ne

The reason why AOR doesn’t reply to emails(not only his) is because they don’t want to hear the problems. It hurts their pride. Thin air comments of someone with no relation to AOR doesn’t help either.

TMac20

The reason why AOR doesn’t reply to emails(not only his) is because they don’t want to hear the problems. It hurts their pride. Thin air comments of someone with no relation to AOR doesn’t help either.

Hi cOne,

I think this caught AOR by surprise to be honest, and if it was all fine with the R&D units save some bugs here and there. If any third parties got caught up in the the manufacturer release cycle and dropped the ball only AOR know. But, the buck stops with AOR that is sure.

It's no excuse, for sure they should have and should be handling this in a better way for all sorts of reasons - that I 100% agree. But for us that are prepared to wait it out, that's all we can do outside getting together and seeing if we can fix anything ourselves once we actually know what is going on from the firmware side of things to see what can or can't be corrected.

If I was AOR I would be onto all mediums and directly contacting people to offer something of goodwill (refund, upgrade to new model if something does come out of it that it can't be fixed with software etc. etc.)

Sadly, it's not the Japanese way, they put their head down and try figure things out on the technical level, they want to be perfectionists - whilst we are all trying to figure out which way to go next...

Also, you asked something on the updates in another post that was not too informative, DMR was one things that is being worked on for improvement from what I found out.

TMac20

Positive promises aren’t worth anything, actions we want to see from AOR. These promises are like thin air, you cant expect from everyone to buy this mess and sit down till AOR steps up their game.

If AOR can't fix the issues that affect your use, what would you like as an outcome ?

c0ne

Hi cOne,

I think this caught AOR by surprise to be honest, and if it was all fine with the R&D units save some bugs here and there. If any third parties got caught up in the the manufacturer release cycle and dropped the ball only AOR know. But, the buck stops with AOR that is sure.

It's no excuse, for sure they should have and should be handling this in a better way for all sorts of reasons - that I 100% agree. But for us that are prepared to wait it out, that's all we can do outside getting together and seeing if we can fix anything ourselves once we actually know what is going on from the firmware side of things to see what can or can't be corrected.

If I was AOR I would be onto all mediums and directly contacting people to offer something of goodwill (refund, upgrade to new model if something does come out of it that it can't be fixed with software etc. etc.)

Sadly, it's not the Japanese way, they put their head down and try figure things out on the technical level, they want to be perfectionists - whilst we are all trying to figure out which way to go next...

Also, you asked something on the updates in another post that was not too informative, DMR was one things that is being worked on for improvement from what I found out.

They can’t really fix DMR, the update they are working on made it decode more but the bit rate error makes it hard to listen to it. To many bits get corrupted, they root cause of this is being of frequency.

c0ne

Discriminator recordings made with a old scanner and the 10k discriminator hack produce far better data that decodes to clean audio. And btw that DMR fix just made it decode a particular DMR signal it couldn’t handle, it did not upgrade the decoding quality.

c0ne

By the time AOR get this radio spot on its frequency, they can use a smaller IF bandwith filter and then 80% of its problems regarding poor audio quality could be fixed. Prior to that i have very little hope they will get near to it.

c0ne

They can’t really fix DMR, the update they are working on made it decode more but the bit rate error makes it hard to listen to it. To many bits get corrupted, they root cause of this is being of frequency.

If AOR can't fix the issues that affect your use, what would you like as an outcome ?[/QUOTE

If AOR can't fix the issues that affect your use, what would you like as an outcome ?

Simple, if they can’t fix they should recall the units.

TMac20

Discriminator recordings made with a old scanner and the 10k discriminator hack produce far better data that decodes to clean audio. And btw that DMR fix just made it decode a particular DMR signal it couldn’t handle, it did not upgrade the decoding quality.

DMR was one things that is being worked on for improvement from what I found out - 4 days ago so its not in the recent update of firmware yet for general public. It's all I know at this stage.

c0ne

Face it, they couldn’t even meet their own specs, how are they gonna fix it with firmware? They know they can not, that’s why they changed the specification. Basically they allready admitted with the extra sheet they could only fix it to a certain degree.

TMac20

Possibly another option for people is to purchase is the Whistler TRX100 hen it comes out - if they do it right it will be great and update everything from the old GRE baseline the recent models used.

SDS 100 might be other options for some - not also that they have had many people complain on RR and updates have been going ok and things ironed out so Uniden are doing ok on that front to try accommodate as best as possible.

I believe AOR will do the same - get the firmware updates going and then make a call on hardware if its the case. It's only my opinion though.

c0ne

DMR was one things that is being worked on for improvement from what I found out - 4 days ago so its not in the recent update of firmware yet for general public. It's all I know at this stage.

One of our members has that test firmware, i’m sharing his findings.

F5HPE

If you want to get something from a Japanese, you have to know how to be humble and discreet. You have to rub shoulders with the Japanese, understand their culture, put your pride aside, and finally simply love people to discuss with them and be polite.
すみません

Japanese is a wise, reasonable person who takes the time to understand, analyze and think before positioning and building. He's not an impulsive person like a European or an American

If instead of taking the time to share with them, if you unpack everything in the public square, then in the eyes of the Japanese you lose all honor and credibility and you are no longer worthy of their interest because you disrespect yourself.

To act like a conquering knight who fires the citadel does not frighten them.

Status
Not open for further replies.