Very Severe Hurricane Season Ahead, Say Top Meterologists

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

Yeah, well they can't predict snowfall amounts until the storm is right there and they can't predict severe weather that reliably unless it is again "right there", so I highly doubt they can predict months ahead on the hurricane season. Talk about taking a crapshoot.

NYCRADIO

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

It's all bull a scare tatic to get people out buying supplies and other stuff to prepare for bad weather

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It's a forecast. Not worth much, but you gotta be stupid to think that the meteorologists have any reason to get you to buy extra supplies.

trace1

Very Severe Hurricane Season Ahead, Say Top Meterologists:

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has issued its 2010 hurricane season forecast, predicting one of the strongest seasons on record -- and reiterating fears that the Gulf oil spill may be impacted by the severe weather.

Yep, Oilcane season is upon us. We can only hope that the predictions don't actually match the outcome!

W6KRU

I can guess as well as the next talking head. :lol: I would have said the same thing last fall though. We had an El Nino condition last fall and that usually results in several things. CA had a fairly wet winter, and the northeast had a severe winter. The northeast should now have a pretty hot summer and the hurricane season should be worse than normal. ????

E-Man

Banned
I would like to think the forecasters have more credibility, than a coin toss, guess or monkey prediction?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
They do this every year!

Actually no, it's been many years since they forecast above-normal hurricanes.

Nobody can predict what Mother Nature will do...

Strike 2. I predicted rain showers and highs near 70 today, even those skies cleared out last night and we woke up to blue skies. It rained, and the temps topped out at 69.

So either I'm special ;) or yes - there are trained, experienced people who can predict the future.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
You must be damn special! What will the weather be in Fort Myers November 16, 2010 at 12 noon?
Temp?
Wind Direction?
Wind Speed?
Cloud Cover?
Rain?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
You must be damn special!

Nope. Just spent time learning how to forecast, and applying my skills on a daily basis. It helps you get better if you continue to work at something.

reedeb

Nope. Just spent time learning how to forecast, and applying my skills on a daily basis. It helps you get better if you continue to work at something.

Let me guess you asked the horny toad, flipped a coin,read the tea leaves,checked the weather stick, peed in the wind and came up with the weather report RIGHT?

reedeb

...and got paid for it!

VERY GOOD!!

smsmileys47.gif

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Worse season than normal?

Didnt they say that last year? And the year before? They already predicted the worst ever, and had very few named storms.

Oh, that was before global warming was debunked... So now its the oil spill disaster, and the talking heads are shouting that this is gonna be the worst ever!

In other words.... I'll believe it when I see it.

KE5TLF

Yep exactly, this is little more than a underhanded "economic stimulus" ploy.

So everybody go out and spend lots of money on generators, batteries, and all other manner of hurricane preparedness items.

Status
Not open for further replies.