Very Severe Hurricane Season Ahead, Say Top Meterologists

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Seems somebody forgot to post this so I will ;)

"According to NOAA the 2010 Atlantic hurricane season, which ends tomorrow, was one of the busiest on record. In the Atlantic Basin a total of 19 named storms formed – tied with 1887 and 1995 for third highest on record. Of those, 12 became hurricanes – tied with 1969 for second highest on record. Five of those reached major hurricane status of Category 3 or higher."

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - Extremely Active Atlantic Hurricane Season was a

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
All fish storms. US goes 5 years now without a hit by a hurricane. Run for the hills everyone... move out of Florida... the 2011 season will be even more active! :)

rdale

Premium Subscriber
After so many posts where you ridiculed the forecasters and repeatedly guaranteed they would be wrong, I was surprised you'd be the first to respond... Congrats on hanging around this thread and admitting how wrong you were.

I will dig up some links that might be able to help you learn about tropical forecasting so you will have a little better knowledge before making your next prediction.

kb2vxa

Banned
"Congrats on hanging around this thread and admitting how wrong you were."
Now if weather forecasters would do likewise their credibility quotient would rise a few points.

Last edited:

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I agree, it's a lot of TV weather reporters that shy away from their busts since they didnt make that forecast to begin with. Real mets verify their stuff, since it's impossible to get any better if you don't look at your areas for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.