• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Very strange cb station

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

Wednesday I heard a faint CB station and it sounded like a taped loop. I heard some guy saying xxxxx road xxxxx rd then a whistle, then more talking, then the xxxx road and whistle again, and on and on.

I fess up. I left the mic open while I was dreaming, talking in my sleep, and snoring. I hate it when I do that.

stevedogan

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I fess up. I left the mic open while I was dreaming, talking in my sleep, and snoring. I hate it when I do that.

I STILL say it sounds like something the repo man from my area would be doing.

DcotorWu

Oh and it's pronounced "worwaaa" in the local channel 18 accent, they get all tangled up if they try to say "nayshen why".

Well I was movin' down the road in my V-8 Ford,
I had a shine on my boots, I had my sideburns lowered.
With my New York brim and my gold tooth displayed,
Nobody give me trouble cause they know I got it made.
I'm bad, I'm nationwide.
Well I'm bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, I'm nationwide.

"What's funny is listening to "whoever" that is, say they are "leaving" 10 times over..."

You gotta be kidding me, that takes 10 transmissions. That channel 18 crowd and every one claims to be in Noke (NJ) even though they're spread out from EO Town to Low Tac City (you don't want to know) take 10 minutes to leave all in one old buzzard transmission, something about yomomma without a comma.

(...and it goes like this.)

She had that
Camarillo brillo
Flamin' out along her head,
I mean her Mendocino bean-o
By where some bugs had made it red

She said she was
A Magic Mama
And she could throw a mean Tarot
And carried on without a comma
That she was someone I should know

Is that a real poncho . . . I mean
Is that a Mexican poncho or is that a Sears poncho?
Hmmm . . . no foolin' . . .

She had a snake for a pet, and an amulet
She was breeding a dwarf and she wasn't done yet

sphipps

You'll find quite a few CB shops and truck washes running taped loop advertisements on Ch 19. Some of them run decent power and can be heard for hundreds of miles when skip is rolling.

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
I heard a taped message before on CB 19 it was from Oklahoma DOT advising the Trucker's of construction on a overpass and had to detour if the trailers were over a certain height.
Ohio or KY DOT (have yet to figure out which side) has traffic and lane info for truckers near the Brent Spence Bridge (I-75/71) on Ch 19. I've always wondered about the legality of that. It doesn't have the signal like those truck stop broadcast as mentioned. But propagation is going to do what propagation does.

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Banned
Unless they're Part 15 100mW transmitters they're illegal but everyone besides the FCC thinks if you can get away with it it's legal. Now if they want to do it fozizzle there are LPFM and LPAM transmitters made just for the purpose, just add license.

Now since the Port Authority has them in the NY/NNJ airports and the NY Thruway and NJ Turnpike and Parkway Authorities have them wazzup with your DoT?

prerunner1982

I heard a taped message before on CB 19 it was from Oklahoma DOT advising the Trucker's of construction on a overpass and had to detour if the trailers were over a certain height.

In the "city" we have the loop of the guy saying he has his pretty pink panties on and he is ready to go to bed.... then we have Stryker antennas playing their advertising loop, and then another guys loop who makes fun of both of them.

The pink panties guy got shut down a number of years ago....however just recently I heard it again. It was the same saying but a newer recording... have only heard him a few times recently though, used to play every 10 min. or so it seemed, years ago.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Where I live, years ago we had this guy that went by the handle "409" and every Friday nights around 8pm on 17 he would have the "409 Show" he used lots of power, being that he was like less then a mile from me he would splatter the whole band, when I was in high school by buddy and I would be up on 34 and this guy would still be on 17 wiping everything out. What he would do is key is mic leave it open and make prank phone calls to Chinese Restaurants, curse at the group of people who would use 17 to rag chew.

richster

Wednesday I heard a faint CB station and it sounded like a taped loop. I heard some guy saying xxxxx road xxxxx rd then a whistle, then more talking, then the xxxx road and whistle again, and on and on.

IMHO I think the guy was actually repeating the word "audio", and together with the whistling meant only one thing. He was warming up his boot! Back in the 70's people with boots had to first warm up the tube inside. If you wanted to hurry the process, you would spend a bit of time whistling into the mic.

Regards,
Richster.

kb2vxa

Banned
That only goes to show some CBers are the dumbest four footed critters on the planet. Once the tubes are lit, about 10-15 seconds it's yer turn ta burn. Yeah he was warming up his boot, he had it on the foot warmer drying it out after he tripped over an invisible frog and fell in the pond.

millrad

Premium Subscriber
Here in CT, the AM channels are full of foul mouth, babbling repetitive skip shouters who are apparently off their meds. The upper channels are more interesting where sideband is used, with a lot of ham operators using their gear out of band, chatting with 11 meter sideband hobbyists. When the band is open, Channels 37, 38 and 39 can be very interesting in both USB and LSB.

richster

That only goes to show some CBers are the dumbest four footed critters on the planet. Once the tubes are lit, about 10-15 seconds it's yer turn ta burn. Yeah he was warming up his boot, he had it on the foot warmer drying it out after he tripped over an invisible frog and fell in the pond.

Well I have actually never owed a boot, and the last time I picked up a CB mic was in the early 90's. But that's what I actually believed these people were doing. Why sit there for half the day whistling into mic and repeatling yourself? What else could it be? Reading this forum I'm starting to wonder about mental illness.

Regards,
Richster.

nonperson

Some time last year I heard a recording out of Michigan. It sounded like the weather radio loop but instead of weather it announced the name and address of a sex offender in that area. Forget what channel it was on.

kb2vxa

Banned
"Reading this forum I'm starting to wonder about mental illness."

Stop reading and start listening to 14.313 where all your questions will be answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.