• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Very strange cb station

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIVERSMVP09

Wednesday I heard a faint CB station and it sounded like a taped loop. I heard some guy saying xxxxx road xxxxx rd then a whistle, then more talking, then the xxxx road and whistle again, and on and on.

swm77662

Low IQ

Check out Channel 6 or 11, all that money spent on illegal amps just to say nothing,lol.

I have actualy met a guy that was one of those Ch 6 monkies..he had an old ford pick up with 2 105 amp alternators 2 D6 bulldozer batteries and his 2000 watt amp wired for 24 volts..all so he could get on Ch 6 for 10 seconds at a time and say the same inconsequential phrase over and over....That so awesome!
He was professionaly unemployed so I wonder where the money came from to pay for all that crap..

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Not strange at all

Mind you haven't listened to CB for 15 years. Was the same back then. When not skip, truckers ruined CB for family use!

TheCattleman

Channel 6/11 out here in CA is 99% "Jive" talk "This is xxxx comin to ya all the way from xxxx, no doubt about it, I'ma bring it on home yall have a safe drive and catch ya on the flipside, xxxx out, no doubt about it"
What's funny is listening to "whoever" that is, say they are "leaving" 10 times over, or even better, today I kept hearing "...and a happy new year..."...it's January 26th, looped tape much?

It was kind of entertaining for a few days when I was new to CB...now I just disregard Ch.6/11..most true conversation talk takes place in the 20's range here

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Oh and it's pronounced "worwaaa" in the local channel 18 accent, they get all tangled up if they try to say "nayshen why".

Well I was movin' down the road in my V-8 Ford,
I had a shine on my boots, I had my sideburns lowered.
With my New York brim and my gold tooth displayed,
Nobody give me trouble cause they know I got it made.
I'm bad, I'm nationwide.
Well I'm bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, I'm nationwide.

"What's funny is listening to "whoever" that is, say they are "leaving" 10 times over..."

You gotta be kidding me, that takes 10 transmissions. That channel 18 crowd and every one claims to be in Noke (NJ) even though they're spread out from EO Town to Low Tac City (you don't want to know) take 10 minutes to leave all in one old buzzard transmission, something about yomomma without a comma.

(...and it goes like this.)

She had that
Camarillo brillo
Flamin' out along her head,
I mean her Mendocino bean-o
By where some bugs had made it red

She said she was
A Magic Mama
And she could throw a mean Tarot
And carried on without a comma
That she was someone I should know

Is that a real poncho . . . I mean
Is that a Mexican poncho or is that a Sears poncho?
Hmmm . . . no foolin' . . .

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
I heard a taped message before on CB 19 it was from Oklahoma DOT advising the Trucker's of construction on a overpass and had to detour if the trailers were over a certain height.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Check out 38 LSB some afternoon for some fine dialects and proper usage of the English language.

kb2vxa

Banned
I almost forgot THIS one from my garage band entertainment at coffee break days.

CBers are strange, and you are stranger
Faces look ugly at a coffee break
The YLs are wicked, you are unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're mobile

You are stra-ange
Signals come out of the rain
When you're strange
No one remembers your name
We don't care
When you're strange
We don't care

(repeat)

You don't want to KNOW the mess I made of Wild Thing!

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Warren, ol' Jim Morrison would be after you

for dragging his song down to the lowly cb arena. And the Troggs, what have you done to their song?

But back on topic; channel 6 use to be the "world wide channel master from New Yark talkin' at ya..." His splatter was across one channel up and one channel down, from 1k miles away. cb USE to be neat, like back in the 60s!

kb2vxa

Banned
Just a quick answer, Mix Trogs with a little Chuck Berry, visuals by Michael Jackson and you have it.

Eh eh, it's New Yawk, not to be confued with Noke, New Jersey, home of the channel 18 alligators. Sure you can hear spatter a thousand miles away when you put enough power into the sidebands. What those dodos can't understand is keeping the power on channel where it counts. Like mama yelled at the band in Joe's Garage (Zappa) TURN IT DOWN!

Yeah, the 60s were cool and loaded with Great Adventure when it was still Six Flags Over Atlanta. Then halfway through the 70s CW McCallsign and Furt Reynolds Wrap spoiled it and I bailed.

"Oh, mama, can this be the end? To be stuck inside a mobile with a busted mic again."
Bob Dilly

Timtron WA1HLR - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.