VFO mode on 396XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WK4U

Premium Subscriber
Simple question. One that I have yet to figure out.

How do you get the 396XT to go into VFO mode? Direct entry works fine and puts frequency into quick save. From there, it would be nice at times to just manually move up or down in frequency.

Thanks.

Tim

WK4U

Premium Subscriber
That sounds fine, but it only changes your existing programmed channels, not a true VFO.

I played around with it this evening and found using custom searches may do what I want. Search the area I'm interested in, hold the scanner, then the volume knob will tune up or down like a real VFO.

Getting happier...

Tim

ampulman

I have a 'T', not an 'XT', but here's how it works: While in scan mode, hit hold. Then, punch in the desired frequency and hit hold again.

Then, while in hold, you can move up or down in frequency (via the rotary control) one step at a time,or by removing the 'hold', turning the rotary clockwise or counter-clockwise, will cause the scanner to rapidly search up or down in frequency.

WK4U

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to BOTH replies. Now I can use the radio in VFO mode like I sometimes want. I now realize the first reply told me what to do. It took the second reply to get the concept into my thick head :)

Very 73;

Tim

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On the "XT" models press "hold" on a freqy, then press "Func-Scan", it will ask if you want to scan up or down, if you keep it in "hold' mode it will tuneup or down in steps depending on what freqy you started....

Status
Not open for further replies.