• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VHF Channel Squelchng OUT - 2014 Silverado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a TK-790 installed in my personnel P/U, a 2014 Sliverado. Use is for Fire Dept etc. My problem is one freq. opens up squelch, I believe from interference from P/U. All other channels seem to work fine. I think freq is in the 156.XXX range. I think I have it narrowed down to the P/U radio "My Link" system. Any way this could be corrected? Probably no filters for my problem?

Install: Deck under rear seat, control head mounted on dash. Antenna drilled and mounted on roof.

Some tests I did:
A friend with software, tuned it out but had to raise the squelch so high trouble receiving anything, turned it back down.

I hooked to a spare battery to help eliminate dirty power, still there.

Even hooked up my old tk-7160. still there.

Used a separate mag antenna on roof, still there,
If a move mag antenna to my tailgate seems to clear up, have not fully tested moving etc...

Seems to go away when "Chevy My Link" shuts down, and comes back with opening a door which starts My Link.

Any thought?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Try connecting a dummy load instead of the antenna, and see if you still get the interference. If you do, then a DC power filter will help. If not, it's RF interference, and your only options are to disable My Link somehow (if that's even possible) or to remount the antenna as far from the source of the interference as possible.

SCPD

QRT
installer

I install,keep all 2 way radio cables away from factory harnesses.
make the ground on your 2 way as short as possible and scratched clear of paint and Tight i cant express this enough.(not to the battery!)
keep your antenna away from the factory antenna as far away as possible.
if it persists,locate the fuse for myLink and remove it while the interference
is happening ,see if it goes away.
Report back.

Take the cables for the 2 way and move them around with the vehicle,with the mylink and vehicle on and running) to see where to locate them permanently depending on how annoying the problem is.If the problem persists,its the radio or another radio such as a scanner or other device causing interference.

PS we just put a Yaesu dual band one at a time in a chevy impala with mylink zero issues.
get us that frequency!

Status
Not open for further replies.