VHF control channel only search

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
If I create a Vhf custom search range and enable control channel only will a BCT996T automatically derive the voice frequencies from the control channel and track it like it would an 800 system? I have never really worked with a Vhf trunking system and am unclear as to whether it can automatically be done or does the fact it's Vhf require a system be built with the assigned frequencies entered.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Only if it is a P-25 trunking system, then yes, it will track the system using the custom search. I utilize that feature all the time on a VHF P-25 system near me.

But it will not track VHF or UHF Motorola systems. It will stop and display the control channel data however...

- Chris

mancow

Database Admin
OK, thanks. I am hearing the Nebraska system with 3 bars this morning and am trying to track it in CC only search mode. I haven't heard any activity yet though so it made me wonder if it would only display the control channel info. The Vhf skip is amazing today. This map VHF Propagation Map shows an opening from Mexico to Wisconsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.