VHF Fed Call activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctordave

169.5375, listed in our wiki database as a "Federal Calling" freq, is carrying top-of-the-hour morse code...presumably call sign data. I've yet to hear any voice transmissions. Not a peep out of the other VHF fed calling freq or the 2 UHF fed calling freqs.

Perhaps someone will be able to decode one of the bursts. Would be interesting to discern which agency is involved.

Ref: http://wireless.fcc.gov/publicsafety/ncc/ncc_releases/NCCBandPlan.pdf

Last edited:

TinEar

Dave, I set up on the freq and listened from 10 before the hour until 10 after and heard nothing. Either they didn't transmit the Morse this hour or I just can't hear it from my location.

Alan

doctordave

Interesting, Al.....the signal is a booming 5/5 from my location. I did copy it again at 22:00 & 23:00 tonight. Would have thought that it was originating from Baltimore, but this seems less likely if you're not getting anything. Signal is way to strong to be coming from Philly or DC. Guess it's possible that Balt Co has a transmitter for this freq out of Towson.

TinEar

I kept the freq up through the 11 p.m. hour and still have heard nothing there Dave. That should indicate it's up your way and/or not operating with much power. If you have the capability to make a .wav file, send it to me and I'll give you whatever it is they're sending in Morse.

One caveat is that I have it programmed into my RS PRO-2042 rather than my magic BC785s that hear "everything" just because it's easier to program and I have empty slots there. My 785s are jam packed with 1000 freqs each.

Gilligan

Database Admin
If you can record it to a wave file and email it to me I'll send you the letters/callsign back. We have one here on UHF in OKC that keys up "USPSOKC2".

Status
Not open for further replies.