VHF frequency showing on Simulcast G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB8TZX

I just noticed that UniTrunker is showing me an oddball frequency as one of the system channels. It lists it as LCN 05-1458 with a frequency of 154.225 MHz. I attached a screenshot.

Doing as much poking as I could, first, here of RR I find tons of the VHF fire frequencies mentioned in older forum posts, but this is not one of them. Anyone know what this might be? Perhaps one of those VHF "hot zone" mobile repeaters for the FDs (that have some other cooler name I just saw and can't recall).

I haven't seen anything outside known system frequencies when monitoring the other system sites, so my thanks in advance if you have some insight on this!

-Dave
KB8TZX

Attachments

• Simulcast G VHF channel.jpg
    Simulcast G VHF channel.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 253

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I have seen this is the past. I have a lot of strange freqs pop up over time. If you look at the number of hits, it was probably just once. I always contributed it to a bad decode at that moment that populated Unitrunker with bad data. Delete the freq, and it probably won't come back. You will still likely see some junk like that again over time.

Phoenix805

I don't use your software, so I don't know all the ins and outs, but I would be suspicious of the LCN: 05-1458.
Everything else shows 01-xxxx. I would suspect a fluke or software hic-up or something similar.

Phoenix805

Holy Toledo!
I just downloaded UniTrunker and ran it for the first time and I thought the computer was gonna blow up, collecting and displaying data. Now I have to figure out how to use the software and data. That should keep me busy for a few weeks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.