VHF High band fire department paging in Tidewater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hi, I have been trying to look for VHF High band signals from area fire departments in the Southside Tidewater area. I know when I lived in Virginia (8 years ago) some of the cities were using digital 800 systems for most comms but used the old VHF for paging still. Is this still the case? I know Suffolk still rebroadcasts on 154.385 and Isle of Wight still is on VHF. I am hoping Norfolk, Chesapeake or Portsmouth still page out over VHF. I work in Norfolk and am wanting to program one of my old fire pagers to have something to listen to when at work. If not, does anyone know if Nightingale is dispatched over VHF High band?

Thank you very much

Richard

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I don't think Norfolk, Portsmouth or Chesapeake page out on VHF. Suffolk still tones out on 154.385.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
None of them other than suffolk, nightingale is on orion with old alpha pagers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eugene

You my still hear Nightingale/Life Evac/Med Flight on 462.9500 as they transit into Norfolk General. Hampton still simulcasts on 460.3625.Va. Beach EMS still simulcasts on 155.1750. Don't know how well you would hear, but James City still simulcasts on 154.3550, York County on 154.400 and Williamsburg on 154.145.

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

Ah........must have occurred recently....although I haven't paid attention to their VHF simulcast in a couple of months.

Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.