• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VHF Itinerant

Not open for further replies.


Jan 18, 2003
Land of mixed mode digital comms
Greetings to all,

I am looking at getting a license for VHF Itinerant freqs for some mobiles and portables for an event that takes place a couple times of year.
I thought I remember reading at one time that you do not need to get cordination of Itinerant freqs just fill out the form and send in payment and boom you are ready to go!
However, I do not or cannot find out this information on the ever so friendly FCC website! Does anyone or has anyone ever done this filing and how did you go about it?

I was looking at getting my own repeater pair or two simplex channels but with the cost of cordination being around $175.00 for one area (and I would need two areas thus I would just file VHF Itinerant Statewide) plus filing fee by the cord company plus FCC fee's I am looking at $600 ish or so. Thus VHF itinerant for the 20+ freqs Statewide. (The other option is does anyone know of a good and affordable cordination company?)

Thanks in advance!
Not open for further replies.