VHF Rigs De-Sensing Each Other

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5IMK

I run the EchoLink node for our local repeater and have always had an issue with the node radio and my QTH radio de-sensing each other due to the close proximity of their antennas. Fortunately, I was able to reduce this by running both rigs on low power and moving the antenna for the EchoLink machine into my attic and to the other end of the house from the antenna for my voice rig. Now, I have moved to a new location and I'm about 25 miles from the repeater so I'm having to run both radios at 50w to get into the machine with a strong signal, so I'm back to the original problem. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can eliminate this problem? I was thinking about installing a 2m yagi, down lower on the same tower as my 2m/70cm vertical in hopes that this would reduce or eliminate the interference. Thoughts???

prcguy

If one radio sits on one frequency all the time and never moves you could put a single 1/4 wave cavity set at 1 to 2dB loss for extreme narrow band pass. That can fix interference to the radio with the cavity filter and possibly lessen interference to the other radio. Moving antennas apart can help some but there is not enough space at a residence to completely eliminate the problem.

a417

directionality might help as well, you may be able to roll back the radio that only goes on that one frequency to that one repeater...less transmitter power needed on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.