Not open for further replies.

ecps92

So with the COVID and working from home, I've spent my time in SEARCH mode
varying from Part 90 FCC to Federal/Milcom etc

Today around 10:15 am [Eastern] my radio stopped on
138.4875 [as most of my FED/MIL is 12.5 Khz spacings] so it is off Freq
It sounds like telemetry and is phase shifting as it passes

wondering if anyone has a confirmation on which "Bird" this maybe

Tried to search the forums and google with most results for AMSAT, which 138 is not amateur

royldean

you could try stepping through the database at SatNogs:

db.satnogs.org

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to search for a frequency, so you'd have to go through each satellite and inspect the transmitter frequencies until you find a match (which obviously isn't even guaranteed as amateur and weather sats are the main focus of SatNogs).

Maybe you found Noor? (new Iranian military satellite) ;)

ecps92

WoW - so much to look thru, nice Site - Thanks
you could try stepping through the database at SatNogs:

db.satnogs.org

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to search for a frequency, so you'd have to go through each satellite and inspect the transmitter frequencies until you find a match (which obviously isn't even guaranteed as amateur and weather sats are the main focus of SatNogs).

Maybe you found Noor? (new Iranian military satellite) ;)

ab5r

Is this signal being heard constantly or is this a one time heard? How often do you hear it? Is it NFM or what? What kind of radio and antenna? Please, more details.

ecps92

One time [yesterday was the first]

I am set for Auto for modulation so it tripped as FM

GRE/PSR600 that is DEAF as a doornail on 900/800/700 and T-Band, I use if for my VHF/UHF Federal monitoring where it is
super hot/sensitive - running a pryme RD8 dual band antenna via the ole Radio Shack window lip mount in my 2nd Floor Window

Is this signal being heard constantly or is this a one time heard? How often do you hear it? Is it NFM or what? What kind of radio and antenna? Please, more details.

ab5r

Thank you ECPS92. These birds do have separate control telemetry transmitters on board. BUT for the life of me, I can't find documentation to give you. That may be what you heard. You said "phase shifting", but i think you meant doppler frequency shift as it passed. Happy Listening!

ecps92

Yes, Doppler, not been into Satellites, but have stumbled on a few, even a 468.0000

Nice web site, but didn't find anything close to that freq, it lasted about 45 mins

Thank you ECPS92. These birds do have separate control telemetry transmitters on board. BUT for the life of me, I can't find documentation to give you. That may be what you heard. You said "phase shifting", but i think you meant doppler frequency shift as it passed. Happy Listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.