• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vhf Trs

Not open for further replies.


Aug 5, 2006
Does a VHF trunk the same way as a 800 does? Just enter the CC's and you're good to go?


Jul 29, 2001
Ottawa, Ont.
Mike_Oxlong said:
You'll need to enter the base, offset and spacing for the system as well.
Up to three sets of base/offset/step(spacing), provided somebody knows what
they are. Not all scanners do CC-only tracking on VHF/UHF. Perhaps if we knew
the system(s) and scanner in question, a more definitive answer could be made.

And if the system happens to be Passport or MPT-1327 or some other specific
formats, it ain't going to matter as tracking is not possible.

Not open for further replies.