• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radioddity VHF/UHF QB25 Dual Band ,Radioddity , Mini Mobil transceiver Ham Bands

kd3u

VHF/UHF QB25 Dual Band ,
Radioddity ,
Mini Mobil transceiver Ham Bandsnd her

Overall its a good little radio for under $100 to reach reapeaters, 2m,70cm,NOAA weather.

I did find some difficulty getting set up so I am going to give some bullets points.

1) Manual is Lousy

2) Use Manufacutere software or CHRIP. Both Work, Chirp is better however there is the possibity of some programming function only available in one or the other software

3) Radiocitty software download includes its USB/Radio Driver. This driver will not work . There is an updated driver that can be downloaded from the web. The only reason I am not including a link is im sure it will rapidly change. The take away here is the original Raddioddity USB driver will not work in WIndows 10 or newer. Find the latest USB driver if your having a hard time connecting to radio

4) when i first got radio the channel names or Freqs would not show up when the squelch was quieting. When you set to MON monitor and hear rush the channel name shows up on the display, the goes away when audio is squelched.ON
SOLUTION: The foreground color and the background color are default set same color. as a starter try setting background blue. Foreground White. This should solve the problem with white letters on blue field.

5) Mechanicaly its well made and a nice looking radio

5) still trying to get SCAN to work

6) some how the programing of the Front pushbutton has changed and some functions have moved to a different PB.

Conclusion: cheap Good little radio don't expect much