VHF/UHF "Race Radio" Channels to Frequency Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K6JVC

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys. I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

Where can I find a list that maps the "channels" used on hand held VHF/UHF radios, often used in races like the Baja 1000? The Icom F3011 would be an example of what I'm talking about; where can I find what frequency, for example, "Channel 3" is on the F3011?

Thanks!

K6JVC

Premium Subscriber
Sorry? Help me understand what I'm lookin at with that link? I'm a fairly new ham and that has almost zero experience.

jhooten

It is a subscription service that list the frequencies for these race series:
ARCA, ASA-North, ASA-South, Nationwide, Camping World Truck, Grand-Am, USARacing, Indy Racing League, Sprint Cup, NHRA, Whelen Modifieds

You get the frequency list and weekly updates. It is the most up to date race frequency resource you will find but it is going to cost a few dollars.

As far as finding out what frequency is on what channel it each specific radio, that would be up to the team to determine how they want their radios set up. There is no standard channel 1 is NNN.NNN like with CB or FRS.

K6JVC

Premium Subscriber
Ahhah. Gotcha, thanks!

So then let me ask my question this way: how do I find out what frequencies a fresh out of the box radio's channels are set to? For example, take that ICom I linked too... the manual doesn't show a list (or for that matter how to reprogram it). Where might I find out what a radio is set to out of the box?

Thanks again!

KK4ELO

the radio will not be programmed with anything in it. you will need to have it programmed. you can do this by having a radio shop program it, or buy the required software .

Status
Not open for further replies.