VIA Rail Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Just curious

Anyone know if Via Rail Police are on any comms? Do they have a talkgroup on FleetNet perhaps, or OnQ/FleetConnect or just running simplex

gary123

They use some weird VOIP system. Usually its CN Police that do the policing, BUT I have heard calls from the VIA people to Dispatch asking for officers to meet the train at a station to remove a passenger etc.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've heard similar requests to local PD as well. The last time I was at the VIA station in London, the Special Constable that was roaming around there had either an XPR 6550 or 7550 on him (I forget which now). May have just been analog for rail band stuff.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think they used 161.235MHz radio to radio when out in the field but most stuff is done by cellphones.

gary123

Got to love those low profile pucks.

I dont deal with CN ofter in fact its pretty rare but I know they have a full rail radio in the vehicle. It used to be an Astro Spectra clean cab but I think they changed out to Kenwood's a while ago. Last time I heard them locally they just used a non active rail freq on low power. I found it on my dedicated close call scanner. They were tracking down a group of kids graffiting the train cars with rude images LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.