Victoria CREST system and ScanBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabocats

How is ScanBC able to rebroadcast the Victoria Crest system? I have the HomePatrol 2 and cannot hear any transmissions now.

cabocats

mciupa

Database Admin
It is probably better to have all channels as they may change things up from time to time. I'm surprised it doesn't work with the HP2's Full Database considering there are five towers in your region.

cabocats

I got it to work somewhat a lot of the channels are data only. I am waiting for the Sentinel software to update with the new frequencies. Thanks for your help.

Do you when it will be uploaded to the Sentinel software?

mciupa

Database Admin
Uniden updates their software on Mondays. Check after Noon on Monday to be sure. What version (date) of the database does your software show?
The silent channels are probably encrypted users.

cabocats

Is there a manual or YouTube to edit the Sentinel software frequencies? I have found some active channels with the NAC code.

RevoEmag

Hi All
I have a challenge that I just can't seem to resolve myself, so I seek the wisdom of the pro's.

I am in Sooke, I have a BCD 325P2 with upgrades. I have updated to the new systems and it seems to work when I am in town. I hear Lanford/Victoria etc but I cannot find the correct freq for Sooke.

I sat on the Freq Scan for 700 MHz like the others, but I will admit I only THINK I know what I am doing.

Any insight as to why I cannot find what I'm looking for or where I should be looking?

THANK you for any help
STAY FREE stay SAFE.

RevoEmag

What services are you looking for?
Emergency Services RCMP/Fire, SAR etc.

I might add that during the initial rollout the SOOKE TG id was 800 and 801 for Fire. But that was still the older 142 freq. then it went dark.

I searched and found a 700 freq that stuck on DAT so I "thought" I had a control freq I'm lost in the forest. LOL its not working.
I KNOW it is the OPERATOR not the machine..LOL
Unless it's one that is encrypted, but I don't even get that noise.

Thanks again

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
The new CREST system is P25, phase 2. Keep in mind that the RCMP will be 100% encrypted on both the CREST system(if they are using it), and their 141/140MHz conventional system as well. You are not going to be able to listen to them.

If BCAS has done on the island, what they did in the lower mainland, they are likely encrypted as well.

There will be very little unencrypted comms on that system to listen to.

RevoEmag

Last I looked"listened" Langford and Victoria worked. Admittedly, it's been weeks since I have left Sooke but I was getting RCMP/Fire on the new 700 freq both sides.

With what is happening in the world, I'm really not surprised if comms are restricted "no control if we know whats going on"
I still feel its user error. LOL
But I do thank you for the input

mryvr

Fire still is unencrypted.
It's funny that a Fire Dept on Vancouver Island can have their comms in the open, but Metro Vancouver dept's have to be encrypted. I wonder what the additional cost was to implement, not just on a per radio basis but across all the NGRP fire departments? Couldn't have been cheap.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Radios need an OTAR key loaded, once that key is in, the radios can be key filled by the KMF over the air. Unless the radio is zero-ized it never needs to be touched by a KVL. All re-keying can be done over the air. Besides the KMF cost, and the cost to add encryption to the radio (at the time of purchase) there is little additional cost to maintain encryption once enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.