Victorville, CA - Jack Daniel, KD6YVL, SK

Status
Not open for further replies.

"APCO International is sad to announce that we just received word regarding the passing of Jack Daniel, a Life and Senior member of APCO and a longstanding commercial supporter of APCO International from the CPRA chapter. No details are known at present, but we will keep you informed."

More at:
Silent Key: Jack Daniel Passes Away | Public Safety Communications

Jack Daniel was very active in public safety communications through a number of organizations, including the NFPA, and was a renowned expert in the realm of in-building communications systems. He was also never shy with advice, counsel, or just a an observation on the Private Wireless Forum (PWF) yahoogroup, always punctuated by his tagline, "but I could be wrong."

----
(Resubmitted conforming to Announcements/News thread policy)

monitor142

Those of us that work on Public Safety radios systems (especially here in California) have lost a star. Jack is a one of a kind individual. He was the one to go to when it came to BDA design and associated rules/laws/ordinances when it came down to in building radio coverage.

Jack's knowledge of RF communications spans over 50 years. He was big enough to tackle the biggest coverage design issues but small and personal enough to pick up the phone or answer an email for advice. He didn't care if he was making a dime off of his advice, he was always willing to share his vast amount of knowledge.

As his famous tagline goes..."I could be wrong", but Jack in this case I know you were always right!

Rest in peace. You have more friends than you could ever imagine. I will miss your witty yet insightful comments on the vast amount of forums you participated on and enjoyed your attendance at the wide variety of organizations and groups you were a part of.

Prayers to his wife Pat and the Daniel family.

Gone but will never ever be forgotten.

-M142

Last edited:

Memorial Service

There will be a memorial service celebrating Jack's life on March 8th, 2012, at 1300 hrs. at the Dessert View Memorial Park and Funeral Home, 11478 Amargosa Rd., Victorville, CA 92392-8125.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Those of us that work on Public Safety radios systems (especially here in California) have lost a star. Jack is a one of a kind individual.

Jack wasn't just a star, he was a supernova. He'll sure be missed by those of us in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.