Video about impedance, SWR, waves, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCO

Thanks for posting that.. I don't think most people understand the contributions that Bell Labs made to technology in the 20th century. A brief overview is available in the Wiki pages entry.. Note that Alcatel - Lucent has pulled what is left of the Labs out of out of "basic science, material physics, and semiconductor research".. I guess there'll be some equivalent in China...:(

gcgrotz

That's amazing to actually see that stuff in action. We were just trying to teach some of that here in an Extra Class class at the ham club. I'm going to send the link to the class.

I work on Lucent equipment (cell sites mostly) and I can't say I have a real high opinion of some of their engineering. The days of the kind of research Bell did have gone I'm afraid.

BTW, most of the boards and modules in the ALU cell sites come from China. Imagine that...

MarkHinton

Before watching this I had an idea of the effects of impedance mismatching, but after watching this it makes a lot more sense. Awesome video, thanks for the link. :)

OCO

What really amazed me was how the feedline manufacturers get all those little sticks, pivots and balls inside RG58U....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.