Video: How Raytheon Helped Create the Ultimate High-Tech Cop Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

Can't find the video or any mention of it on the site, except for the blog headline.

wsykes41770

Since when was this new? We've been running a similar, but older, system for the past few years here in Nashville. Guess LA is behind the times.

jim202

Since when was this new? We've been running a similar, but older, system for the past few years here in Nashville. Guess LA is behind the times.

I would vote for Raytheon trying to make headlines and free advertising. Doesn't matter how well or poor it looks and works.

fyerman01

Nothing new...

We have had the same thing here in Louisiana for some time now. The only thing we don't have is the mobile fingerprint system, but customs has it and they are always around...

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I would vote for Raytheon trying to make headlines and free advertising. Doesn't matter how well or poor it looks and works.

You got it.
Slow tech news day + LE agency that's 15 years behind everyone else = marketing Press Release that gets more attention than it deserves.
I'm glad LASD FINALLY got rid of the old terminals.

And Raytheon is nothing more than a glorified Project Manager on this - oops, I mean "integrator".
I love the paranoia in the comments section too - apparently the readers are unaware that these types of tech have been available to LE for well over a decade now.

2wayfreq

Yeah I keep seeing more and more Raytheon products in the LASD cars, sounds like they have the LA-RICS project in the bag! Just not sure about the trunking radio side.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Clacking rocks together: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

rocket1956 said:

No - that's vaporware. After 5+ years, are any of those deployed anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.