Video Request/Suggestion P25 Adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Still getting the hang of the new sub-forums - hopefully this is in the best spot.

I'd love for someone more familiar with the workings of the 536 scanner to post a video on how to go about optimizing digital APCO P25 "stuff".

I've read, numerous times, P59 of the manual, but it might be easier for me to follow/comprehend if I could see someone do it on video.

Upman/K4DPS - any takers (Please)?

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Video Request/Suggestion P25 Adjustment

Still getting the hang of the new sub-forums - hopefully this is in the best spot.

I'd love for someone more familiar with the workings of the 536 scanner to post a video on how to go about optimizing digital APCO P25 "stuff".

I've read, numerous times, P59 of the manual, but it might be easier for me to follow/comprehend if I could see someone do it on video.

Upman/K4DPS - any takers (Please)?

I will try and put together a video for you soon showing how to do this. I currently have two requests in front of yours that I need to make.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Cool and thanks!

I can't begin to tell you how interesting, appreciated and informative your videos are.

whsbuss

Thanks for the kind words.

Here is a link to the video I made per your request. If you have any questions, please let me know. I will try and answer them to the best of my ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmhaPWJmpIk

Love your videos, however I know of some who have changed the P25 settings on trunked systems. And they reported it makes a big difference in the error rate.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Love your videos, however I know of some who have changed the P25 settings on trunked systems. And they reported it makes a big difference in the error rate.

I thought so also. I just went by the owners manual and it said conventional only. I went into the menu settings on one of my trunked systems and never found the adjustment menus. If someone would be so kind to tell me how to do this, I will make a updated video.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the video - it showed me a few things, such as how to enable the screen so you see the error rate.

This is a little confusing. On one hand conventional frequencies are mentioned. On the other, the graphic appears to be for a trunked system as there is a TGID shown at the bottom of the screen.

I saw where you can make changes to P25 Threshold Mode and P25 Threshold Level in Sentinel by going to the Sites tab in the right pane for a system.

While the 536 has made a dramatic improvement in my local P25 simulcast system, there's still a wee bit of garble that I'd like to reduce if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.