Viewing UIDs During Encrypted Transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I would like have the ability to be able to log User IDs during encrypted transmissions (at least while in Trunked Discovery mode - viewing these UIDs in normal listen mode would be great too) but have yet to be able to find a way to make that happen. I understand that most folks don't want to be bothered by the HP-1 stopping on or logging info for encrypted transmissions, but I'd like to be able to view the unit IDs so I can try to at least figure out who the units using encryption are (signal intelligence). Is there a way to do this? If not, could an option be added via a future firmware release to make this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
No way to do this currently. The encryption is detected and skipped automatically, so it misses the UID completely (on P25 anyway). I wouldn't say it would never be changed on firmware, but it's not likely.

The RID display is available on the GRE P25 capable models during encryption, however the PSR-800 is the only one that blocks the encrypted noise.

Last edited:

scanningisfun

I know the 396XT and the 996XT show the RID/UID during encrypted transmissions. If you had one you could hook it up to BCTool or ID Tracker. I don't know about the Home-Patrol though because I don't have one.

Jacob

kma371

QRT
I know the 396XT and the 996XT show the RID/UID during encrypted transmissions. If you had one you could hook it up to BCTool or ID Tracker. I don't know about the Home-Patrol though because I don't have one.

Jacob

The 996xt does it in both conventional trunking and one frequency trunk mode. You can also see them on the DSD software.

Status
Not open for further replies.