Village of Chester (Orange) Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

Village of Chester Police have apparently changed unit numbers, they are now in the 72X series, as opposed to the 31X series. I'm not sure when that change was made, or why, but that is what the numbering scheme is now.

If this is true (I'll be sure to look when I drive through the village) then that makes me wonder if they changed the Cornwall or Maybrook numbers too.

unless it was a strictly internal change

sc800

It definitley isn't internal as they were calling out to OC911 with them on both MRD and Priority channels.

The car numbers may not say anything different though, I know T/Montgomery once used 700 radio ID's, even though the cars were numbered in the 200s, and T/Chester was using the 63X and 64X series, even though the cars were numbered in the 42XX series (that has since changed)

trauma74

It probably has to do with the CAD/AVL system, because the Town of Newburgh PD has been using the same numbers as the Village of Chester. Several years ago, the Village of Monroe PD changed their numbers because the Town of Cornwall had the same numbers. The previous Monroe numbers were 41x etc. Now they are 45x numbers. Before the County 911 system was around, duplicate car numbers at different agencies were not an issue, but once 911 started using the CAD & more recently the AVL system, duplicate numbers can cause confusion for dispatchers & conflict within the CAD/AVL systems when the "closest car" numbers pop up for a "polling" call.

KC2GSP

I believe I saw something on the news about a month ago that said they were going to merge the village and town department.. could have something to do with it

trauma74, If I'm not mistaken the AVL system has been in place for a few months now, well prior to the v/Chester changing their identifiers. So if it was a problem as you imagine, wouldn't they have addressed it sooner (although who knows what happens at 911 sometimes...)?

-I'm agreeing with your point, just wondering why the wait and why only Chester (v/Maybrook has or has had number conflicts too)

There have been rumors about v/Chester and t/Chester merging....did the news confirm that or was it just speculation?

Last edited:

sc800

There are still plenty of agencies with number conflicts:

V/Maybrook with T/Cornwall -- 40X series

V/Montgomery with V/Cornwall on Hudson -- 42X series

T/Woodbury with T/Deerpark -- 22X series

T/Warwick with T/Crawford -- 21X series

I believe even the 71X series being used by V/Chester is now a conflict with the DA Investigators, although I do not believe they are in AVL or answer up polls normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.