Vineland New Jersey Freight Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogan

Some times Late at night I can hear this train in Glassboro and going thru Franklinville. The Horn is loud and when it's quiet at night it carrys on for many Miles. Does anyone Have any kind of schedule and Frequencys for this train, It then goes to Vineland down Northwest blvd. Thanks for any help

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
It is probably a winchester western railroad train. It turns just south of Vineland and heads toward Bridgeton where they have a yard. If you want to listen to them they are on a frequency of 161.3100 but you have to be fairly close to the tracks to pick them up. They go by my area about 10 in the morning heading north followed by another one early in the afternoon, returning about about 8 hours or so later heading back toward Bridgeton. I don't know how far north they go but they go south as far as Port Norris.

grogan

Great info. Thank you. I was listening in on 2 meters and the two genelemen were talking trains,They said they use Conrail chanel 4 and also Winchester Western chanel 16 But I could not find the frequencys and it may have been old information. I think it is the same WW train I saw in Millville at the tracks in front of the Save-A-Lot store.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Great info. Thank you. I was listening in on 2 meters and the two genelemen were talking trains,They said they use Conrail chanel 4 and also Winchester Western chanel 16 But I could not find the frequencys and it may have been old information. I think it is the same WW train I saw in Millville at the tracks in front of the Save-A-Lot store.

Could be you heard that conversation on 440 MHz? If so, you heard me talking to my friend.

For Conrail you want to put in 161.070.
MI21 and MI 61 are the Conrail trains that work that area. The day crew is MI 21 the night crew is MI 61.

Also I was referring to channel 16 (W&W). In my Maxtrak radio that he program for me that I will be streaming on the Internet starting in a couple weeks from here in Blackwood with all the local railroad frequencies.

You may want to join the SJRA Yahoo group SJRA : South Jersey Railroads Association
A group designed as a method of communication between South Jersey railfans. This group is designed to go hand in hand with SJRail.com: South Jersey Rails!, South Jersey's railfan website. Reports and sightings concerning any railroad operations in Southern New Jersey are welcome, as well as reports of trains and special equipment headed for New Jersey from other locations.

w2xq

Mentor
It was the "Just try scanning all bands..." that made my jaw drop. IMHO there is no one on RR who knows more than N2ICV when it comes to railroads and frequencies in southern NJ.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
List of Railroad freq's for Southern New Jersey.

161.4000 [AAR 86/86] NJT AC Line - NJ Transit = Atlantic City Line (CP-Shore {Delair Bridge} to Atlantic City)

161.0700 [AAR 64/64] CR South Jersey - Conrail Shared Assets Operations = South Jersey Dispatcher

160.8600 [AAR 50/50] CR Yard Pavonia - Conrail Shared Assets Operations = Pavonia Yard (Camden, NJ) Primary, Morrisville Yard (shared with NS),Stony Creek Yard (Trainer, PA - controlled by CR South Philly)

161.0400 [AAR 62/62] CR Yard Paulsboro - Conrail Shared Assets Operations = Paulsboro Yard, Morrisville Yard (shared with NS)

161.3850 [AAR 85/85] SRNJ - Southern Railroad of New Jersey (SRNJ) Ch 1 / Also Tyburn Railroad (TYBR) operates terminal trackage in the Morrisville, PA area.

161.5350 [AAR 95/95] SMS - Shortline Marketing Services-Pureland Industrial Park in Bridgeport NJ and Valero Refining Company in nearby Paulsboro, NJ

161.3100 [ARR 80/80] W&W - NJ Div Winchester and Western - New Jersey Division (WW)

TAMR213

161.4000 [AAR 86/86] NJT AC Line - NJ Transit = Atlantic City Line (CP-Shore {Delair Bridge} to Atlantic City)

161.0700 [AAR 64/64] CR South Jersey - Conrail Shared Assets Operations = South Jersey Dispatcher

160.8600 [AAR 50/50] CR Yard Pavonia - Conrail Shared Assets Operations = Pavonia Yard (Camden, NJ) Primary, Morrisville Yard (shared with NS),Stony Creek Yard (Trainer, PA - controlled by CR South Philly)

161.0400 [AAR 62/62] CR Yard Paulsboro - Conrail Shared Assets Operations = Paulsboro Yard, Morrisville Yard (shared with NS)

161.3850 [AAR 85/85] SRNJ - Southern Railroad of New Jersey (SRNJ) Ch 1 / Also Tyburn Railroad (TYBR) operates terminal trackage in the Morrisville, PA area.

161.5350 [AAR 95/95] SMS - Shortline Marketing Services-Pureland Industrial Park in Bridgeport NJ and Valero Refining Company in nearby Paulsboro, NJ

161.3100 [ARR 80/80] W&W - NJ Div Winchester and Western - New Jersey Division (WW)

Can't comment on South Jersey, but up here in Central Jersey, Conrails "South Jersey Dispatcher" is on 160.935 (controls the Port Reading Secondary, Chemical Coast Secondary, and the lines out of Browns Yard) while "North Jersey Dispatch" is on 160.860 (mainly controls the Lehigh Line east of Manville). 161.070 is used by Norfolk Southern's "Lehigh Line Dispatch" (Manville and west)... As I said this is Central Jersey, can't say if 161.070 is being used by CSAO South Jersey Dispatch down in South Jersey or not...

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Can't comment on South Jersey, but up here in Central Jersey, Conrails "South Jersey Dispatcher" is on 160.935 (controls the Port Reading Secondary, Chemical Coast Secondary, and the lines out of Browns Yard) while "North Jersey Dispatch" is on 160.860 (mainly controls the Lehigh Line east of Manville). 161.070 is used by Norfolk Southern's "Lehigh Line Dispatch" (Manville and west)... As I said this is Central Jersey, can't say if 161.070 is being used by CSAO South Jersey Dispatch down in South Jersey or not...

If you can't comment on South Jersey, then why comment at all?? We are not talking about Central Jersey.
But you are right the South Jersey dispatcher covers both territories on two different frequencies to take some of the work load off of the North Jersey dispatcher..

I guess you can say "South Jersey Dispatcher" North, 160. 935
"South Jersey Dispatcher" South 161.070 this territory is the Delair Branch, Vineland Secondary, Bessley's Point Secondary, Penns Grove Secondary, Chester Secondary and several industrial tracks.

TAMR213

If you can't comment on South Jersey, then why comment at all?? We are not talking about Central Jersey.
But you are right the South Jersey dispatcher covers both territories on two different frequencies to take some of the work load off of the North Jersey dispatcher..

I guess you can say "South Jersey Dispatcher" North, 160. 935
"South Jersey Dispatcher" South 161.070 this territory is the Delair Branch, Vineland Secondary, Bessley's Point Secondary, Penns Grove Secondary, Chester Secondary and several industrial tracks.

Geez, I'm sorry, okay? Was just saying that up here 160.935 is utilized by South Jersey and not 161.070... Was unaware that South Jersey operates on two different frequencies, thats why I pointed it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.