Viper Buncombe County

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
anyone know what the viper ch. is for BMPD Black mtn police and buncombe sheriff?

There are three Buncombe County Viper sites listed in the database with the frequencies for each. As for talkgroups, they are in the 60xx range and also listed in the same database page.

It appears Buncombe Co Sheriff is not on VIPER. The database lists them on the Buncombe Co P25 Phase 2 system and fully encrypted.

spencerwww

There are three Buncombe County Viper sites listed in the database with the frequencies for each. As for talkgroups, they are in the 60xx range and also listed in the same database page.

It appears Buncombe Co Sheriff is not on VIPER. The database lists them on the Buncombe Co P25 Phase 2 system and fully encrypted.

Fire and ems aren't encrypted just sherffic right I saw everything open accept sherffic dept.i saw ems dispatch open

BMPD uses the Buncombe system primarily. As RaleighGuy said, all law enforcement in Buncombe (APD included) is encrypted. They do have clear TGs in case of interop with fire departments who don't have encryption in their radios, but they are rarely-never used. EMS dispatch & B/A FireMed are in the clear, but EMS private & hospital are encrypted. The VIPER Med channels are not secure but all Buncombe county EMS units will call in on the Buncombe TGs or use a cell phone. They do have VIPER as a backup and all units have VIPER in their radios, but it is not primarily used. Most-if not all Buncombe co radios have all three systems programmed-Buncombe, CoA & VIPER.

spencerwww

Buncombe ems uses dispatch full.time. I hear.only.use celll.phones if need talk about carting things is all tacs in firee dept.
Tacs is clear a.s dispatch and does ems use radios.more then cell.phonee I hear they do but are dispatch and tac clear as.well as ems dispatch im.visting soon

I'm sorry Spencer I don't quite understand what you're asking. EMS Dispatch is clear and they are dispatched off of their MDTs or station phones if in quarters. The radios are not used as much as they once were but are still used. EMS tac is secure but the FDs are in the clear. Cell phones are used quite a bit and pretty much everyone has access to the mobile CAD on their phones. (Freedom ONEsolutions from Central Square)

spencerwww

Cool here theybdo same they dispatch of ema channel.maby thats same for Buncombe County sounds like they check in and talk over bjg incidents but is that case they dispatch but.all.stuff about patient used on computer are phone if need yalk.private they do that here they use radio lot but yhats what sounds like case in Buncombe were use sensitive stuff over cad but do they dispatch lot.still using ur radios.lot

spencerwww

I mean dispatch and stuff routine traffic maby not talk lot more check in and in route and back service

Status
Not open for further replies.