VIPER in Beaufort Co NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG4ODX

Premium Subscriber
Up till a couple days ago my GRE PSR-600 was receiving the local SO and Hwy Patrol just fine (after doing the reband changes) now it is not hear the local repeater. I can see on the S meter a big signal from the Chochowinity Repeater but hear no traffic. However I do hear traffic on other repeaters as conditions permit.
Anybody know anything about this????

KG4ODX

Premium Subscriber
I have the last P-25 data from Radioreference installed in the psr-600 but the data does not include my county. Also have the regular trunking installed

CommRX

My 396XT has fallen silent as well. I was hoping with the last rebanding, that was the end of the changes for a while. These offsets and custom bandplans suck compared to the days of programming a single channel.

I have found a number of control channels, but the old 853.775 seems to still be the strongest. While the Chocowinity site is still broadcasting, and I can receive voice on other channels, the trunking is not working as it did. It has a different sound to it. It just sounds lazy now, not the normal tone I was used to hearing. I am working on it, and if I get a solution before it is entered into the database, I will send you a PM.

reconrider8

youll still get a strong signal if you dont still have the old system but you want hear any traffic you have to change your mode over to p25 and set it to id search and not id scan since all the tgids are new none of them are in your scanner

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Reconrider is correct. Program the Control Channels in the System as P25 Standard Trunk. Then program in the new TGID's in a Group. Some of the new TGID's are in the Database and then set it on search to locate new TGID's and if find new ones try your best to verify what they are and submit them.
Happy hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.