VIPER in Lenoir County

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
Hi, at one time Lenoir County had VIPER talk groups assigned to them if my memory serves me correctly. When the system was rebanded, did they forfeit their talk groups? I've checked the database and didn't see anything listed for VIPER. Thank you for your assistance.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hi, at one time Lenoir County had VIPER talk groups assigned to them if my memory serves me correctly. When the system was rebanded, did they forfeit their talk groups? I've checked the database and didn't see anything listed for VIPER. Thank you for your assistance.

Hmmmm....The only VIPER talkgroups I am showing for Lenoir County (for either 4.1 or P25) is the generic LAW, FD, EMS, EM, TAC, and Mutual Aid Talkgroups.
I have added what is verified for Lenoir County to the VIPER Legacy System in the database.
Marshall KE4ZNR

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I think at one time Lenoir County had the capability to patch there talkgroups to Viper.

Sort of the same set-up as Harnett and Johnston Counties do.

Lenoir County is just like Rowan County and Durham County. I don't think you will see them totally going

Viper, do the money invested in their own 800 Mhz. Systems.

Talkgroup ID on the Lenoir County System is as follows:

(54592) Lenoir Fire Ops Viper Link

David

Last edited:

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
i know for fact that EMS can get on the VIPER statewide groups.
SD and PD are getting new radios soon the county 800 system will start to change over to p-25.
i would bet the county fire will stay non-p-25 for some time. the fire marshall and em people do have VIPER.

sounds like i am rambleing so hope that answers your questions

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
What are the assigned VIPER talk groups utilized for since they have their own system? Are they for use outside of their system coverage? I had assumed that they were for mutual aid to surrounding counties. For instance, if there was a major emergency here in Wayne County how would they communicate since they are on totally different systems? I know Wayne County has assigned VIPER talk groups as well. I'm confused about the communication between the counties.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
I'm confused about the communication between the counties.

i have a feeling we will all be confused. i have a firend that was a radio tech for the HP and said he is waiting till they have both lanes of I-40 comming back west and.......... VIPER goes down.

and yes, it CAN happen. i say that becase many people think VIPER is the greatest thing in public safety communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.