VIPER Mut-Aid / Comm / Calling TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyham

In a conversation from a different thread. I'm going with a new thread for conversation.

It not just once in a while, it was EVERY time, I not the only one. One that stands out was Sunday morning, during church time at a MVC. After an hour we wanted to get an ETA on the Patrolman and get a rotation wrecker on way, no answer on radio, not have my cell, so borrowed medic's and called. No one at the county had called SHP. So they did not know anything about it. The TC hisownself told me that MA was turned down. I don't try anymore, I just call on the cell phone.

BTW, what is a cheap seat? Not familiar with the term.

Ronnie

Regarding Mutaid and Comm 2. It boils down to training on both sides of the console (Regardless of city, county, or state level). Also M/A, calling and event channels. This doesnt even get covered in the daily operations. Take a stroll of pages 3 - 5 of this document .. https://www2.ncdhhs.gov/dhsr/EMS/pdf/dtmfref.pdf

Gonna throw this as it own thread unless a moderator feels different.

WA4MJF

Knew all of that, but if the MA is turned down on the console, it is useless.

Not upset, just allowing that you should keep a cell phone handy to talk to
Troop Radios, at least C Troop.

Ronnie

Flyham

Knew all of that, but if the MA is turned down on the console, it is useless.

Not upset, just allowing that you should keep a cell phone handy to talk to
Troop Radios, at least C Troop.

Ronnie

I'll take it actually a step further. Each comm center (again regardless of city, county or state level) should, at a minimum, have the Troop mut-aid talkgroup turned up a little, for whatever SHP troop they are located in. Again it boils down to training from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.