Viper/Pro-2096 Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrngnmbr6

Lately when monitoring the Viper system on my Pro-2096 I sometimes hear traffic but see no talkgroup. Not sure if and why this would have anything to do with the 1.3 DSP update but I am a bit puzzled because it was not happening before and seems to be only happening on a digital talkgroup. I do sometimes hear digital traffic and see the talkgroup so its not all the time. I do not notice it happening on my Unidens. I have both my 96 and 2096 in open modes with confirmed sites in 1 bank and uncofirmed in another using the FM channel trick. Any ideas....

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
wrngnmbr6 said:
Lately when monitoring the Viper system on my Pro-2096 I sometimes hear traffic but see no talkgroup. Not sure if and why this would have anything to do with the 1.3 DSP update but I am a bit puzzled because it was not happening before and seems to be only happening on a digital talkgroup. I do sometimes hear digital traffic and see the talkgroup so its not all the time. I do not notice it happening on my Unidens. I have both my 96 and 2096 in open modes with confirmed sites in 1 bank and uncofirmed in another using the FM channel trick. Any ideas....

Maybe try going back to DSP 1.2? I don't know why you would be having problems now if you were able to pick up the towers before...
Marshall KE4ZNR

wrngnmbr6

Well here in Wilmington I don't get many sites from where I am at, maybe like 3 or 4. I unfortunately live in an apartment with no outside antennas. I don't think I'm getting any more or less sites coming in since the DSP update. I just sometimes see my 2096 stop on a VC on 1 of the sites, I hear traffic, I can see which site on the 3rd line because I have it programmed that way but sometimes the 4th line is empty while this is happening. Thank you for the reply and I will try going back to the older DSP when I get home. It just sucks to try and test any theories...I'm just not getting much traffic just yet probaly because where I am at.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Were you receiving the sites ok before and this is now just a problem after upgrading DSP or has this been a problem for awhile? Just trying to help you figure out what the problem may be...
Marshall KE4ZNR

wrngnmbr6

So I go back to DSP 1.2 and get the same problem occasionally. I hear traffic but no talkgroup is displayed. Which leads me to believe maybe something is up my Pro-2096 ? For what it's worth this has happened on the Sampson site more then any other.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
wrngnmbr6 said:
So I go back to DSP 1.2 and get the same problem occasionally. I hear traffic but no talkgroup is displayed. Which leads me to believe maybe something is up my Pro-2096 ? For what it's worth this has happened on the Sampson site more then any other.

Maybe just double check and make sure each control channel is programmed as MOT (Motorola)...I am sure you have everything programmed ok but never hurts to double check...also what % of the control channel is being decoded? park the radio on the CC and it should give you that % and if it is low you could be having problems decoding the radio traffic...just some random thoughts :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.