VIPER Receiving Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4bfh

I live in NW Duplin County and have problems receiving the Kenansville Viper signal. I recently purchased a
Wilson 800 MHz Yagi "cellular" antenna (part no. 301111). I have it pointed toward the transmitter and my signal is greatly improved. I have experimented with the height of the antenna and discovered that higher is not necessarily better. I currently have it approximately 17 feet up an existing mast and feed it with standard RG-6 coax.

KM4WLV

I live in NW Duplin County and have problems receiving the Kenansville Viper signal. I recently purchased a
Wilson 800 MHz Yagi "cellular" antenna (part no. 301111). I have it pointed toward the transmitter and my signal is greatly improved. I have experimented with the height of the antenna and discovered that higher is not necessarily better. I currently have it approximately 17 feet up an existing mast and feed it with standard RG-6 coax.

Not quite sure what you are asking/needing. Are you needing advice as far as getting better reception? Thats what I'm assuming by the first sentence in your post.

Can you clarify a little bit so we can better help?

BTW, welcome to the NC boards here at RR.com !!!

KM4WLV

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.182 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I gotcha. Just making sure you didn't need help. We always try to help out !!

Status
Not open for further replies.