VIPER Rumor Alert...

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratemedix

Heard the other day that SHP was "selling the VIPER system to cell companies" and moving all their units to a satellite system similar to what the feds use (ie FBI and SS). And that multiple cars have been seen with the porcupine antenna setup (4 med wave on the roof).

Any one hear anything else?

My thoughts on the "selling" is that they have unused frequencies that they are going to sell.

Anyone know what type of system they might be moving towards?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
piratemedix-
Welcome to RR.com and good to have you with us!

Interesting 1st post indeed.

I am sure others will chime in as well but I am afraid whoever is your source does not know what the hell they are talking about.

I would be very hesitant in taking anything your source says as reliable information.

And for the record VIPER is not "moving to a different type system" just upgrading the firmware on the existing system.

Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

mhodgson

VIPER Rumor

Heard the other day that SHP was "selling the VIPER system to cell companies" and moving all their units to a satellite system similar to what the feds use (ie FBI and SS). And that multiple cars have been seen with the porcupine antenna setup (4 med wave on the roof).

Any one hear anything else?

My thoughts on the "selling" is that they have unused frequencies that they are going to sell.

Anyone know what type of system they might be moving towards?

I can answer this in one word,

WRONG.

End of discussion.....

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Since this has been answered and debunked let's close her down before we head too far down "conspiracy lane". :)

To the original poster: I am sure you meant well but be careful
with rumors and unverified info. 99.9% of the time the info
is hugely inaccurate. As in this case. :)

Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.