VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
It is possible that site numbers have switched while they bring more online. I'd go off of what the scanner says before the potentially outdated database.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It is possible that site numbers have switched while they bring more online. I'd go off of what the scanner says before the potentially outdated database.
Make sure it is being used, not just tested, before submitting. CC and other info may be different when testing.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
Make sure it is being used, not just tested, before submitting. CC and other info may be different whe
Talk Group IDFrequencyToneRSSIUIDMod.HitsDurationStart Date / TimeEnd Date / TimeSystem / SiteGroupChannelNumber Tag Tune
52200771.8437471NFM600:00:5204/19/23 17:33:1404/19/23 17:36:05WRTE451SHP TROOP GDISTRICT 6
Getting activity from Highway Patrol to dispatch. Traffic matches Murphy site.

Last edited:

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Hello VIPER gurus. I'm having trouble picking up the Fayetteville TWC site with my BCD536HP w/trusty RS800 from northern Robeson County. Is there any beamforming or something going on with these sites? I would think I'd be able to get it no problem. I can even receive from the Slocomb site, so I wouldn't think distance is an issue. I did realize that the Fayetteville TWC site is 700 vs the other sites in the area being 800. Does the RS800 suck on 700? Thanks!
I live in between the two towers, and they are working fine using a BCD 996P2

pnutheadedd

Not sure what happened, but I was receiving group 6 of NCHP on my Pro-2096 with no real issues. Then I noticed that I would receive them for a few days, then it would be silent for a few days. Now I have nothing at all. I do receive other agencies. Murphy NC area.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what happened, but I was receiving group 6 of NCHP on my Pro-2096 with no real issues. Then I noticed that I would receive them for a few days, then it would be silent for a few days. Now I have nothing at all. I do receive other agencies. Murphy NC area.
Getting them here still in Hayesville:

Attachments

• IMG_20230427_153133_531~2.jpg
    IMG_20230427_153133_531~2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 11

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Ok. Still not sure what happened as to why I was, and now am not. I guess I will do another check to make sure I have what you show in the picture loaded into my scanner. Thanks!
Check to make sure all cc and alt cc are in the scanner in case they are temporarily using one of the alts

pnutheadedd

Thanks. I have done that numerous time since I have had the issues, and I have them all, plus the ones that are not listed as cc in RadioReference. But I am going to go back one more time. But still seems strange it was working, and then just stopped without any changes on my end. Back to the beginning, I guess.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I have done that numerous time since I have had the issues, and I have them all, plus the ones that are not listed as cc in RadioReference. But I am going to go back one more time. But still seems strange it was working, and then just stopped without any changes on my end. Back to the beginning, I guess.
CC for Murphy site:

Attachments

• IMG_20230427_155906_648~2.jpg
    IMG_20230427_155906_648~2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 4

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I have done that numerous time since I have had the issues, and I have them all, plus the ones that are not listed as cc in RadioReference. But I am going to go back one more time. But still seems strange it was working, and then just stopped without any changes on my end. Back to the beginning, I gues

Yep, I have that one programmed in. It is not locked out.....so....
Could your problem be talkgroup related? Is the talkgroup locked out?

pnutheadedd

I don't believe so, but I am going to check it again. I also will make sure that I have the talk group you showed programed in also. Thanks for the all the help.
I just finished checking out what I have programmed, and found the talk group 52220 was not in my scanner. But, what is confusing is I do not see this talk group listed in Radio Reference for NCHP. They do list 52202 as the talk group for Troop G District 6 Cherokee County, which I did have programmed. I also have the following control channels programmed: 853.8375, 853.3250, 853.7625=Joanna Bald, and then 852.200 for Murphy as per Radio Reference.
I will give it a few days and see what happens now. Again, Thanks to all. These Viper settings are new to me, so I am trying to get it figured out.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
I just finished checking out what I have programmed, and found the talk group 52220 was not in my scanner. But, what is confusing is I do not see this talk group listed in Radio Reference for NCHP. They do list 52202 as the talk group for Troop G District 6 Cherokee County, which I did have programmed. I also have the following control channels programmed: 853.8375, 853.3250, 853.7625=Joanna Bald, and then 852.200 for Murphy as per Radio Reference.
I will give it a few days and see what happens now. Again, Thanks to all. These Viper settings are new to me, so I am trying to get it figured out.
My photo shows Talk Group 52200 but sometimes the display will indicate 52202 also. I believe this is because all Troop G traffic is dispatched out of Newton. I listen by unit numbers to tell where the traffic is from.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
1682695845727.png
@pnutheadedd -You should try the Hayesville site also. My contact in the Cherokee County Fire says they plan to use it also when they switch over to VIPER in the future. Also be looking out for the future Hothouse site in the West of the county.