VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

Zbizzle911

Do you know if Davidson is still going to simulcast their fire dispatch over VHF after the switch over?

Several neighboring departments to Rowan like Churchland and Healing Springs can and have been communicating with Rowan on our system when they respond mutual aid.

They will have to keep the dispatch over vhf to make the pagers work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zbizzle911

C-COM doing some testing on Davidson TAC 2 at the moment.

Hopefully they’re figuring out how to mesh the systems so we can get rid of the delay between the two. I heard they were waiting on new consoles but idk for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Units on Davidson TAC 1 as well as what sounds like the sheriff patched into TAC 8. First I heard the dispatcher announcing the final call for an officer who passed after a battle with cancer (See video) and now it’s routine dispatch traffic.

Last edited:

brad2388

Feed Provider
Im trying to listen in on randolph county but i cant seem to get anything but static.

My radio is a uniden bcd996t

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Im trying to listen in on randolph county but i cant seem to get anything but static.

My radio is a uniden bcd996t
Digital doesn't have static. Be sure that you are listening on the VIPER system and not the old Randolph analog frequencies.

Also, I know that some of the Randolph sites have changed frequencies recently and at least one moved from 800 to 700 MHz. Check the database and make sure all your programing is up to date.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Appears they've added encryption to the SHP AIROPS (52127) talkgroup, heard two known SHP AIR radio IDs talking (encrypted) with N404NC inflight near Raleigh.

brad2388

Feed Provider
It might be helpful for us to see a picture of what you have entered into the software you are using to program the scanner.
attached is my screen of proscan. i just added a database and pointed to north carolina viper. then randolph county. but when i do that the scan gets done uploading and it says nothing to scan. like theres no channels.
im not sure if this radio is digital or just analog.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 32

brad2388

Feed Provider
ok i have something going. i added staley freq and randolph county TGID.
that gets me all of randolph just like i wanted. but ive tried to add the nchp to the radio but all i get is randolph even though nchp has the tgid in there.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of any VIPER plans Yadkin County might have?

I periodically hear the Yadkin County medics on VIPER (TG 50502) which they seem to use as a "talkaround" channel. Just heard two medics on that TG a few minutes ago. UIDs were 1970057 and 1970058.

yardbird

Question??

I am looking for new talkgroup id's for the DPRR (Domestic Preparedness County Talkgroups).

I had a pretty accurate listing at one time, but the last time I checked some of the talkgroups were reassigned to the Highway Patrol for their Ops Channels.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

David

trumpetman

Database Admin
The DPR channels are accurate in the database. They are no longer assigned per county but are assigned by the DPR point of contact when requested. Each of the 9 domestic preparedness regions have 10 TGs each totaling 90 talkgroups systemwide.

spacellamaman

anyone catch any HART training activity on VIPER today? if so did anyone make note of any locations mentioned? i know i heard mention of 8TAC92D and using VIPER and a rediculous amount of helo traffic was in and out of Stanly County Airport (KVUJ). H60s H72s and N407NC at minimum.

couldn't monitor VIPER myself and never heard anything on 8tac92 nor could i determine where they were going back and forth to other than adsbexchange showed 08-72049 near Aquadale. a lot of chatter on 40.7 FM going by various names including Catfish Comms and Stanly County Ops interestingly enough. traffic on 42.0 FM may have been associated as callsigns on it were also heard on 126.275.

For sure 3, and perhaps 4, helo's overnighted at Stanly last night. i am bound to bi-pedle transport for a while so i can't check anything out. It sounds like a rather large training event and i bet its ongoing.

ya'll were discussing DPR talkgroups so i figured you wouldn't mind my butting in :) Thanks in advance.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Was hearing parts of some kind of training on Bravo 4, receiving on Sauratown and/or Winston Salem State sites. Never heard a location mentioned by name, only tactical designators Alpha, Delta, etc. At one point putting mannequins in the water.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Was hearing parts of some kind of training on Bravo 4, receiving on Sauratown and/or Winston Salem State sites. Never heard a location mentioned by name, only tactical designators Alpha, Delta, etc. At one point putting mannequins in the water.
What were the unit IDs (if you caught them)? Most of the time you can narrow down or even pinpoint who is using a TG like that based on the UIDs.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

@spacellamaman It was statewide training held at a rock quarry in Stanley County in preparation for the hurricane season.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk