VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Look at the Ids' for State and Federal.

State id radios fall in the 50's

Feds id radios fall in the 60's

They also consider the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians as feds too

Look at there 5 common talkgroups that are under Yancey County.

They are is the 60's as well

David

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Not sure if this is viper worthy to post but is there anything else in the simulcast uhf in nc patched to viper that would be interesting to listen to?

chris8video

New VIPER Site - 145 is online. I'm 99.99% sure it's Thomasville.
Control Channel - 770.55625 - which is one of the FCC licensed frequencies for the new Davidson County Thomasville VIPER Towers.
Based on the signal strength it could really only be Thomasville - (in the same range as the Thomasville ASR signal and stronger than Welcome 161, the next closest to me.)
ALSO - Welcome 161 is OFFLINE right now(for the update I'd guess). That's what made me do a quick scan of the system and fine a 145 on the neighboring sites list. Looked in RR Database and low and behold - no 145.
All of the Davidson County Viper active TGs are nice and strong.

Zbizzle911

Control Channel - 770.55625 - which is one of the FCC licensed frequencies for the new Davidson County Thomasville VIPER Towers.
Based on the signal strength it could really only be Thomasville - (in the same range as the Thomasville ASR signal and stronger than Welcome 161, the next closest to me.)
ALSO - Welcome 161 is OFFLINE right now(for the update I'd guess). That's what made me do a quick scan of the system and fine a 145 on the neighboring sites list. Looked in RR Database and low and behold - no 145.
Yeah Welcome is down I'm getting the Clemmons tower on my G5. Kida surprised I'm not getting the Thomasville I will have to check the CC we have loaded. The system is supposed to go officially live thursday.

Flyham

Yesterday, while goofing around with UNITRUNKER and starting off with Riverdale, I also saw Site 45 show up as a peer with Control Channel - 770.55625. I then switched over to 770.55625 and saw a fair amount of Davidson TG's affiliating. I also saw some Davie Co Tg's popping up as well. From memory, Site 45 is peered with Clemmons, WSSU, Riverdale, Mt Shepherd, Buck Mtn, Fatih, and Mocksville.

With regard to Welcome being offline. I think Lexington was offline as well, BUT WAIT, I think with the addition of Thomasville, Denton, & Tyro; I want to say that it maybe possible to make these 3 sites along with Lexington, Welcome, and High Rock part of a county wide Simulcast. If that is to be truly the case, then maybe all sites will take the identity of Zone 1, Site 45.

Zbizzle911

Yesterday, while goofing around with UNITRUNKER and starting off with Riverdale, I also saw Site 45 show up as a peer with Control Channel - 770.55625. I then switched over to 770.55625 and saw a fair amount of Davidson TG's affiliating. I also saw some Davie Co Tg's popping up as well. From memory, Site 45 is peered with Clemmons, WSSU, Riverdale, Mt Shepherd, Buck Mtn, Fatih, and Mocksville.

With regard to Welcome being offline. I think Lexington was offline as well, BUT WAIT, I think with the addition of Thomasville, Denton, & Tyro; I want to say that it maybe possible to make these 3 sites along with Lexington, Welcome, and High Rock part of a county wide Simulcast. If that is to be truly the case, then maybe all sites will take the identity of Zone 1, Site 45.
This is what was explained to me today. Tomorrow at 0900 they are making the switch so there should be much more traffic on the DVSN system.

RF-Burns

I can 110% verify the Barium Springs Tower is alive and well. My Broadcastify Feed for Iredell County Fire - Digital, sits on that site using a commercial radio.

The other site you guys are referencing is the new ECOM Tower in the back of the new Iredell County Public Safety Building. Iredell County is funding another Viper Tower at that location. The tower is up and antennas are installed. I don't believe the Viper site is active yet as of me typing this.

Motoman55

I see in the database that the Barium Springs site in Iredell County only has two frequencies listed - a CC and alternate CC. Surely there is more than just one voice frequency on this site? I am a little far away to pick up the site, but I sometimes make it over that way. Just something interesting I noticed.

chris8video

The Davidson County simulcast is indeed on the air as of this evening. Lexington DP & Welcome were absorbed into the 5 site system. The database has been updated. Go forth and enjoy the CQPSK!

This may be an odd question - but since the High Rock Lake site sits in Rowan County and isn't part of the Davidson Simulcast - should it be labeled Rowan County instead?

da2ricky

I caught the tail end of chatter on TGID 61431 with RID of 2990076. Any idea who/what this is? I'll continue to monitor to see if I can figure it out.

Heard chatter again on this TG with the same exact RID's as last time. Callsigns were CL11 and CL12, "leaving east care... safe travels back to the farm."

Lol... not sure what this is.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Heard chatter again on this TG with the same exact RID's as last time. Callsigns were CL11 and CL12, "leaving east care... safe travels back to the farm."

Good catch, I'm hearing encrypted traffic again on TG 52684 with RIDs of 214750x always same RIDs which are slightly higher than UNC RIDs.

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Randolph County Sheriff, Fire and EMS on the Davidson Simulcast this morning along with Davie Sheriff and the VA Police in Salisbury.

Flyham

Hearing Randolph County Sheriff, Fire and EMS on the Davidson Simulcast this morning along with Davie Sheriff and the VA Police in Salisbury.

Same as well. Now I'm not sure if the "DENIED" I saw on unitrunker where just flukes or if access / roaming rights changed?

chris8video

Same as well. Now I'm not sure if the "DENIED" I saw on unitrunker where just flukes or if access / roaming rights changed?
I started seeing more and more Randolph and Davie traffic on the Davidson Simulcast site late last night. Still hearing very limited Davidson County traffic on the neighboring Riverdale site. (and still don't have my antenna situation so that I can pickup the Thomasville Tower - I'm literally halfway between them)

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Hey just wondering, programming a BCD996P2, if I wanted to listen to Trooper’s in Alamance, Randolph and guilford, do I just put the control channels for those counties in and the DECs that correlates to their talkgroups? Or do I need to add every single control channel for every county in the state?