VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring NCSHP training today on unlisted TG 52737, another group is also doing traing on SHP INV (TG 52223). Must be using loaner or training radios as they all have RIDs of 2160xxx.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
Monitoring NCSHP training today on unlisted TG 52737, another group is also doing traing on SHP INV (TG 52223). Must be using loaner or training radios as they all have RIDs of 2160xxx.
I've noticed a lot of 2160xxx when I program UIDs. I've mainly on seen them on the handheld though.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed a lot of 2160xxx when I program UIDs. I've mainly on seen them on the handheld though.

Might be new sequence numbers for UID on radios to new recruits. But it is definitely in the SHP range. All dispatch base radios start with 2499xxx.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
It looks like that 2160 is mainly used for the handheld radios I have programmed in. I'm not sure on the new troopers because we didn't get any from the last class

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It looks like that 2160 is mainly used for the handheld radios I have programmed in. I'm not sure on the new troopers because we didn't get any from the last class

I don't know either, just looking at about a dozen radios, including the person giving out the info for the training all with that sequence.

akalynchs

l’m hearing TG 52242 in Iredell also. It was on an interstate traffic stop around Statesville. Conversation was C2C with no dispatch involved for a weaving vehicle with tinted windows. Possibly NCSHP task force or spec ops.

overtheair

Would anyone have the band plan for the wake north durant site. I made some assumptions and apparently they are not correct.
Thanks in advanced

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The channel lineup at some sites in the area were updated this week so you will probably need to update the control channel frequencies in your scanner. The database info has been updated.

I see 4 updates, does that sound correct for the total?