VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
I am not receiving a signal from the Taylors Bridge site (03-65) in Sampson County and have not for a day or so. I have tried doing a search of the 700s and 800s used by VIPER and can not find that the site has changed the CC. I am receiving all other sites in my scanner normally.
Hold on your scanner and directly enter your control channel frequency, you should be receiving a signal and maybe (I can't fully remember) static noise.

Also, check to make sure you're running "NAC Search" (if your scanner permits it) because the NAC can change

~B

Gregg251

Premium Subscriber
I've imported VIPER into Win96 to upload into my RS Pro-96 scanner, but am not hearing anything. Is there a certain order that channels have to be entered? I've tried starting with programming several tower sites and haven't been successful. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
I've imported VIPER into Win96 to upload into my RS Pro-96 scanner, but am not hearing anything. Is there a certain order that channels have to be entered? I've tried starting with programming several tower sites and haven't been successful. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!
What scanner are you using?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

There are three towers in your county (if location on profile is correct) 1-22 Greensboro A&T, 1-44 Riverdale Rd, and 1-61 Triad Park, I would add all three. All you need to program in on the P25 Phase 1 system is the control channels and alternates for that scanner (each site has one of each). Make sure you include active talkgroups and/or wildcard (wildcard will let you test the sites you added).

Tobydog

Unfortunately the 2096 does not do the 700 meg frequencies for VIPER. I have one that just has control channels(all 800) and it does fine for local stuff. Check RR and see what is 800. Some different versions of RS scanners do the 700 800.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately the 2096 does not do the 700 meg frequencies for VIPER. I have one that just has control channels(all 800) and it does fine for local stuff. Check RR and see what is 800. Some different versions of RS scanners do the 700 800.

PRO96 should do it, I have one (as backup) that I use on the NCSHP Training Center Tower which is 700Mhz

trumpetman

Database Admin
I am not receiving a signal from the Taylors Bridge site (03-65) in Sampson County and have not for a day or so. I have tried doing a search of the 700s and 800s used by VIPER and can not find that the site has changed the CC. I am receiving all other sites in my scanner normally.

Any luck with this? You should be able to receive the site now if you check again.

ScottE22

Talkgroup 60546 Federal Common 2 has been active off Baker Mountain VIPER tower here in Catawba county N.C.,sounds like an interagency task force.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hope this an appropriate post, just getting started here on the forums...

As @akalynchs said, as long as they aren't active. But this is regarding traffic on VIPER which is a state system, even though it is a federal TG you should have put it in the VIPER thread under the NC forum for better responses and more interest.

That said were you able to see any radio IDs? That will give you an idea about who you were hearing. A good reference for Viper RID/UIDs is the Radio Reference Wiki

ScottE22

As @akalynchs said, as long as they aren't active. But this is regarding traffic on VIPER which is a state system, even though it is a federal TG you should have put it in the VIPER thread under the NC forum for better responses and more interest.

That said were you able to see any radio IDs? That will give you an idea about who you were hearing. A good reference for Viper RID/UIDs is the Radio Reference Wiki

Radio IDs 2907268,2907219

Reconrider

I'm not in NC, but wondering what program you're using to monitor the talkgroup